ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 change of circumstances for QP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gmgmgm
Newly Registered

EEA2 change of circumstances for QP

Post by gmgmgm » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:37 pm

Hi there,

I am an Italian PhD student in the UK since 2012 and my wife is a Colombian citizen currently working here in the UK. Last June, we applied for a RC submitting the EEA2 form and she received a COA with right to work. She also holds a family permit issued by the British Embassy in Colombia. We are currently waiting for the outcome of our application and we should receive an answer in December.

I will finish my PhD at the end of this month and I have just accepted a job offer: I will start working next week. When we submitted the EEA2 application, I completed the section where the QP is a student but my student status will effectively terminate on the 31st September. I checked the application form and it says that
I confirm that if, before this application is decided, there is a material change in my circumstances or new information relevant to this application becomes available, I will inform the Home Office
My understanding is that I will have to let the HO know that I am now a worker and not a student. My questions are the following:

1) Is it sufficient to send a letter to the HO attaching the offer letter from the company or shall I wait for my first salary slip? Should I attach my passport as well?
2) I should send this letter to "Home Office – EEA applications. PO Box 590. Durham.", correct?
3) How can I make sure that they will attach this new information to my pending application?

Thank you for the help,
Gabriel

noajthan

Re: EEA2 change of circumstances for QP

Post by noajthan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:00 pm

1) Good idea to update HO.
Payslip and letter from employer wouldn't hurt.

Have you not submitted passport already?

2) Yes; let HO sort out routing to final destination.

3) Trust HO, they've done this before.

If you have no current HO/application reference number then cross-reference by:
applicant's name, address, DoB, gender, nationality & etc etc.
Also application date & any COA reference.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

gmgmgm
Newly Registered

Post by gmgmgm » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:13 pm

Thank you for the reply.
Yes, I have submitted it with the application but then I asked them to return it as I needed it for travelling. Should I send it to them again?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:11 am

gmgmgm wrote:Thank you for the reply.
Yes, I have submitted it with the application but then I asked them to return it as I needed it for travelling. Should I send it to them again?
Should be no need and it may get lost.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.