ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation requirements

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR10YEARBASIS

naturalisation requirements

Post by ILR10YEARBASIS » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:05 pm

I have been on ilr for over a year now. I need advice on should i apply now or later.

i had two fixed penatlity notice therefore I have 6 points on my driving licence one was in 2013 and second was in 2015.

I have ielts which expired on 15 August 2016. Can I use this or I will have to sit a new test. I dont have a degree.

Best wishes

thanks

ILR10YEARBASIS

Re: naturalisation requirements

Post by ILR10YEARBASIS » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:36 am

74 views no reply.

Please some one shed some light on my case plz

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:03 pm

New test.

Declare the penalties
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ILR10YEARBASIS

Post by ILR10YEARBASIS » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:57 pm

I read this on gov.uk ,
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

" 3. Approved English language qualifications

You can prove your knowledge of English by having a recognised English test qualificationfrom an approved test centre.

You need to have a certificate to prove you have the qualification, or be able to view your results online.

You can only use English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) qualifications if they’re on the list. You can’t use other qualifications, eg GCSEs, A levels or National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs).

If your qualification has run out
Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago in 2 situations.

Applying for citizenship

You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

It doesn’t matter if the B1 level test you took isn’t on the current list of recognised tests. You don’t need to take another test.

Applying to settle in the UK

You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised testsit was accepted for another UK immigration application, eg when you got permission to enter "

I think I can use my IELTS as I used it to get my ILR !!!!

ILR10YEARBASIS

Post by ILR10YEARBASIS » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:05 am

Casa wrote:New test.
I checked with the council NCS team. They said its fine. I can use my expired IELTS , it even says on the AN form as well.