ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on MN1 application approval and passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vp23

Question on MN1 application approval and passport

Post by vp23 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:05 pm

I had applied for BC for myself and my minor daughter in April. We both got approval in early August but have had to delay my ceremony due to planned holiday. On return from Holiday today found my daughters in the mail. I am going for my ceremony tomorrow and would be collecting her certificate as well. Is it odd to receiving be her passport before getting the certificate?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question on MN1 application approval and passport

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:01 pm

Your last question doesn't make sense.

Did you apply using the JCAP scheme?

What exactly did you receive in the post?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vp23

Post by vp23 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:57 pm

Sorry, missed an important bit while writing on phone, yes received her UK passport which was applied under the JCAP scheme.

I thought it will be dispatched only when I have gone through my ceremony and collected my certificate. As both applied insert he JCAP scheme we should have got our passports post ceremony. Wondering if that may not be the case as a minor under 16 does not have to attend the ceremony.

Just finding the sequence a bit odd as I have not gone through the ceremony and her application approval as a minor is beard on mine.

Any thoughts ? Should I intimate ... My ceremony is tomorrow.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:14 pm

Don't worry about it, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Enjoy your ceremony.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:34 am

If it is your daughter passport you are referring to, remember children don't attend or take part in the ceremony. If you had applied for just the child registration without JCAP, her certificate would have been posted to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vp23

Post by vp23 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:15 am

I was told that I will get her certificate when I attend my ceremony. It should be at my councils registrar office and hopefully would get it today.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:20 am

CR001 wrote:If it is your daughter passport you are referring to, remember children don't attend or take part in the ceremony. If you had applied for just the child registration without JCAP, her certificate would have been posted to you.
You are only getting it at YOUR ceremony because you applied together. It would have been posted to you once approved if you had applied without JCAP and only for the child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vp23

Post by vp23 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:47 pm

Have just been to the ceremony. have received both certificates for my daughter and myself, exactly as I was told.

Talked to them about the process issue and to my surprise there was another person in the same ceremony who had a minor child and they too received their child's passport.

The council will discuss this administrative glitch or ask HO to provide necessary guidance.

The concern is with their policy of returning the BRP cards within 5 days. They (HO)need to either follow process or change with appropriate guidance.