ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Small gap and paperwork (EU A2 PR application)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tea_with_scones
Newly Registered

Small gap and paperwork (EU A2 PR application)

Post by Tea_with_scones » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:21 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been following people's experience and thought I'd open a new thread to give the "timeline" one a bit of breathing room. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The short story is that I would apply for PR this october, claiming that I've exercised treaty rights as a student (a piece of my bachelor's + a piece of my PhD = 5 years). Here are my questions:

1) I may be extrapolating to absurdity here, but would you say I need to show evidence of self-sufficiency for the short summer break after finishing my bachelor's and before starting my PhD, when technically I didn't have the status of a student? My degree certificate is dated 1st August 2013 and I started my PhD in late September 2013. What would be the best way to bridge small gaps and holidays in one's QP, or should I not bother if it's short?

2) My CSI is with WPA, the "Premier" policy, with the dental package included. I know that there are no set rules as to which CSI provider should be used, but if by chance anyone here had cover from WPA I am curious to hear your story.

3) I haven't got much in the way of bills for the 5 years, as those have included flatsharing, sometimes with a resident landlord, so the bills were often not in my name. I have not worked as a student. I DO have every single bank statement for the past 5 years, showing funds at all times and daily activity. Would that be strong enough proof of residence (retail transactions) and self-sufficiency for the gap (funds), if supplemented by my tenancy agreements and university certificates?

Thank you for your time.

noajthan

Re: Small gap and paperwork (EU A2 PR application)

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:37 pm

Tea_with_scones wrote:Hi everyone,

I've been following people's experience and thought I'd open a new thread to give the "timeline" one a bit of breathing room. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The short story is that I would apply for PR this october, claiming that I've exercised treaty rights as a student (a piece of my bachelor's + a piece of my PhD = 5 years). Here are my questions:

1) I may be extrapolating to absurdity here, but would you say I need to show evidence of self-sufficiency for the short summer break after finishing my bachelor's and before starting my PhD, when technically I didn't have the status of a student? My degree certificate is dated 1st August 2013 and I started my PhD in late September 2013. What would be the best way to bridge small gaps and holidays in one's QP, or should I not bother if it's short?

2) My CSI is with WPA, the "Premier" policy, with the dental package included. I know that there are no set rules as to which CSI provider should be used, but if by chance anyone here had cover from WPA I am curious to hear your story.

3) I haven't got much in the way of bills for the 5 years, as those have included flatsharing, sometimes with a resident landlord, so the bills were often not in my name. I have not worked as a student. I DO have every single bank statement for the past 5 years, showing funds at all times and daily activity. Would that be strong enough proof of residence (retail transactions) and self-sufficiency for the gap (funds), if supplemented by my tenancy agreements and university certificates?

Thank you for your time.
The timeline thread appreciates it.

1) Good plan. Do you have CSI to back your case as selfsufficient person in that time?

2) No comment.

3) HO will not give benefit of doubt and rubberstamp you through.
Submit whatever official and quasi-offical documentation you have.
Take a belt and braces approach; don't give HO wriggle room.

How about: tax documents (council); voter registration; TV licence; insurance (car/house etc); medical registration/letters (doctor/dentist/optician/health clinic etc)
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Tea_with_scones
Newly Registered

Post by Tea_with_scones » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:47 pm

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, I've been continuously covered by CSI since 5 October 2011 (that is my QP starting point).

Bank statements and tenancy agreements are the only types of evidence that I have covering all 5 years, I have a few council tax documents and maybe I could find one or two of the other documents mentioned, but these are sporadic and certainly not available for the full 5 years per type of document.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:56 pm

Tea_with_scones wrote:Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, I've been continuously covered by CSI since 5 October 2011 (that is my QP starting point).

Bank statements and tenancy agreements are the only types of evidence that I have covering all 5 years, I have a few council tax documents and maybe I could find one or two of the other documents mentioned, but these are sporadic and certainly not available for the full 5 years per type of document.
Full marks for having the foresight to invest in CSI; its saved you a world of pain.

Give it your best shot.
See if uni will generate some letters for you. How about SFE documents too?

Caseworker will refuse you if not satisfied with proof of residency (or anything else: identity, treaty rights etc) and the onus is on you to back your case.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Tea_with_scones
Newly Registered

Post by Tea_with_scones » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:11 pm

Alright, thank you. There's not that much I can get from uni in terms of finance. I actually didn't qualify for a loan and paid my fees in full as a non-EEA student (long story). For my bachelor's part of the QP (for which I have less in terms of evidence, still have the statements though) I have my final graduation statement: a student status letter, holographically embossed, with the period I was enrolled, stating how many hours of work a week I did and that it was taught in English. I swear it's worded as if they knew it was going to the HO. :P

Tea_with_scones
Newly Registered

Post by Tea_with_scones » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 pm

Two quick follow-up questions if you have the time. Having filled in the PR form I realised how many new things pop up versus when you were just thinking about it.

1) For source of funds as a student, eg. savings/employment/parental - any idea which one's the safer bet? As in which one will need less explaining? I did get my funds from savings/parental help, but I'm unsure whether they'll want to see proof of parents' work/salaries/etc., or if it's easier to just say savings?

2) During accession period (EU2 national) I am claiming treaty rights as a student, but at the same time I had a little bit of employment (<20 hours/week) on my Tier4 VISA on my other passport at a time when I didn't have a registration certificate as the EU2 national. I'm not trying to claim any time as a worker, but was wondering if that employment on my non-EEA VISA would conflict with my claiming the time as student on my EU passport. Was covered by CSI all this time.

Thank you for all your help!