ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which signature...!!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uk_boy

Which signature...!!!

Post by uk_boy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi Guys,

Had my biometric done for passport (JACP Application) done yesterday. At the biometric center they also took my signature apart from the usual face and fingers.

My query is, on the British passport will I have the the signature that I did in the biometric center or the one that I did on the passport applicaiton form.

Pls advise..

Regards,
Satnam

ZiONLY
Newly Registered

Re: Which signature...!!!

Post by ZiONLY » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:13 pm

I am sure senior members will clarify this further if needed but the passport applications processed by Her Majesty's Passport Office. So the signature in the application form for passport will be used. You biometric details are taken by UKVI for a different purpose.

Since both of the signatures are the same what is the fuss...

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:50 am

Your passport will have the signature that you did on the form. The signature in the biometric booth is just for confirming your identity.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:52 am

uk_boy wrote:Hi Guys,

Had my biometric done for passport (JACP Application) done yesterday. At the biometric center they also took my signature apart from the usual face and fingers.

My query is, on the British passport will I have the the signature that I did in the biometric center or the one that I did on the passport applicaiton form.

Pls advise..

Regards,
Satnam
If they match why does it matter?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

uk_boy

Post by uk_boy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:21 pm

Hi,

Well, the one I did at the biometric center was not good enough as the pen was not smooth.

So, was curious to know which signature they will use. The one on my passport appolication form was perfect :)