ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 ICT change Sponsorer to T2G

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Erik ZHANG
Newly Registered

T2 ICT change Sponsorer to T2G

Post by Erik ZHANG » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:18 pm

Dear,
Please help me with my case as now I'm struggling to understand the colling off period.
Now I'm T2 ICT Long term visa(3 Years) holder and my visa valid until Feb 2018which started from Feb 2015.
I was on T2 ICT Short Term Visa(12 months) from Feb 2014- Feb 2015.
Recently I received an offer from another UK company and they want to provide me sponsore for T2G Visa.
I have checked Gov.uk website, but i'm still confuse about the 'colling off' policy as it seems this part changed a lot.
Does colling off apply to me if I apply T2G outside UK? Forget £155,300,I'm not able to reach this level.
Please help me to answer my case, I'm waiting for this to make a descion whether i will accpet this offer and make a plan for my future.

Many thanks in advance.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: T2 ICT change Sponsorer to T2G

Post by poper » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:44 pm

Erik ZHANG wrote:Dear,
Please help me with my case as now I'm struggling to understand the colling off period.
Now I'm T2 ICT Long term visa(3 Years) holder and my visa valid until Feb 2018which started from Feb 2015.
Recently I received an offer from another UK company and they want to provide me sponsore for T2G Visa.
I have checked Gov.uk website, but i'm still confuse about the 'colling off' policy as it seems this part changed a lot.
Does colling off apply to me if I apply T2G outside UK? Forget £155,300,I'm not able to reach this level.
Please help me to answer my case, I'm waiting for this to make a descion whether i will accpet this offer and make a plan for my future.

Many thanks in advance.
No, you are eligible to switch to Tier 2 General as your Tier 2 ICT leave was issued after April 2011. See below FAQs.
12 months cool off period applies

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 98916.html
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Erik ZHANG
Newly Registered

Post by Erik ZHANG » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:02 pm

poper wrote:
Erik ZHANG wrote:Dear,

Many thanks in advance.
No, you are eligible to switch to Tier 2 General as your Tier 2 ICT leave was issued after April 2011. See below FAQs.
12 months cool off period applies

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 98916.html

Hi Poper,
Many thanks for your reply. But it confuse me for below. Seem I can not 'Switch' in UK because my ICT was granted after April 2011. I need to apply outside UK, but 12 months cooling off apply to me.
Would you please help to confirm again?
Q4 - I do not qualify for settlement under the Tier 2 (ICT) route and I cannot switch to Tier 2 (General) as explained in Q3. How can I change to Tier 2 (General)?
If you are a Tier 2 (ICT) migrant that doesn't belong to the ICT categories allowed to switch (as explained in Q3), then you need to apply for entry clearance from outside the UK. Amongst other, this involves three major things:

1. Resident Labour Market Test.
2. Restricted CoS.
3. 12 months cooling-off period.

unless the applicant will be paid >£155000pa which exempts the applicant from the "cooling-off period" requirement and/or the applicant has a job listed in the shortage occupation list which exempts the applicant from the "resident labour market test" requirement.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:19 pm

- Yes, a 12-month cool off will apply in your case from the day you leave UK.
- The only option to avoid cool-off is the high salary.