ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query about CSI

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Grodan
Newly Registered

Query about CSI

Post by Grodan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:14 pm

Hijacking this thread a bit as I didn't want to start another thread on CSI (feel free to move it if you don't think it belongs here).

So I have submitted my PR application, currently on day 99 of waiting for an answer (EU14, five years full time employed same employer, in UK since 1998) unless I have done something extremely silly in the form it should be approved. I am hoping they will backdate my residency since I have been here so long and submitted enough documents so I should be able to apply for citizenship directly however if not, worst case scenario would be PR dated 11th April 2016 which means I can't apply until 12th April 2017 for citizenship.

So my query is;
Is CSI required in the 12 month period between receiving PR and applying for Citizenship?

Asking cause ideally I would like to start a Master on the 19th September (if PR is approved) but prefer to save money and not get CSI in between now and April 2017.

Thanks

noajthan

Re: Query about CSI

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:22 pm

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:23 pm

No need to exercise treaty rights once you have acquired PR so no need for CSI.

Grodan
Newly Registered

Post by Grodan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:30 pm

noajthan wrote:No need to exercise treaty rights once you have acquired PR so no need for CSI.
Thanks that is awesome news

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:04 pm

Grodan wrote:
noajthan wrote:No need to exercise treaty rights once you have acquired PR so no need for CSI.
Thanks that is awesome news
Citizenship is not a 'visa', its a calling or a way of life (as well as a privilege); no particular economic activity is required.