ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complications related to applying for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ashkan
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Complications related to applying for ILR

Post by Ashkan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:53 pm

Hello,

I am currently on a PBS dependant visa as my wife is a postgraduate student. We are both from outside EU.
I have been living in the uk for just over 10 years and have proof of English knowledge and passed my life in the uk test. My main concern is my wife's visa and how she can become my dependant. Our visas expire at the beginning of October and there are no premium service appointments available anywhere in the UK for at least next 42 days.

I spoke with 3 different people at the home office and I am getting different responses regarding how we can send our applications by post. 2 individuals said that we need to make separate applications but we can put them inside the same envelope and send. Another advisor said that they would reject her application since when they receive her application my ILR will not have been given to me yet. The advisor suggested that we need to make different applications and send separately also since I'm not granted ILR yet my wife needs to fill FLR (O) Application Form not FLR (M).

Please could someone confirm the followings as we are very confused.

1. I need to complete and send SET (LR) Application Form?
2. Which form does my wife need to fill? FLR (O) or FLR (M)
3. can we/should we send them inside the same envelop?
4. If she needs to send FLR (O), on what ground the home office will grant her visa since my application for settlement would still be in progress. (this is the most confusing part)

I appreciate any advice you can give us
Thank you
Ash

togo
Newly Registered

Re: Complications related to applying for ILR

Post by togo » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:07 pm

Usually the premium services appointment open 28 days in advance. You don't need to worry about availability as there are plenty of time slots. They also have out of hours service for a minimal fee(£ 63).
Check exactly 28 days before the intended date.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:09 pm

Are you looking for an appointment for you+dep?

Ya out need an appointment for Set (LR). You spouse needs a separate appointment for FLR (M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ashkan
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ashkan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:26 pm

CR001 wrote:Are you looking for an appointment for you+dep?

Ya out need an appointment for Set (LR). You spouse needs a separate appointment for FLR (M).
we are looking to book 2 different appointments but the website keeps telling me that there are no appointments available for the next 42 days. i have checked all locations and all of them say the same thing. we didn't have this issue in the past when we renewed our visas. Could this be an issue with website?

thanks