ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

financial requirement and child dependant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Excellency
Newly Registered

financial requirement and child dependant

Post by Excellency » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:08 pm

I just got my indefinite leave to remain several days ago through 10 year long residence - 5 years student + 2 years PSW + 3 years tier 2 general. My wife joined me in UK eight years ago and was always holding a dependant visa. But her current dependant visa to tier 2 is gonna expire on 27th Sept. so she needs to apply for a new visa. I would really appreciate if you can clear my confusion for the form.

• I suppose she needs to fill in the FLR(M) form since I am now settled down although my last visa was tier 2 general?

• I am registering nationality and applying for passport for our daughter who was born here. So our daughter does not need any visa any more. So I suppose my wife should choose ‘apply with no dependant’? Although she still needs to include my daughter’s detail and my daughter is not British citizen yet when my wife submits her application.

• In terms of financial requirement, should we choose requirement for no child or with one child? It looks like children who are not subject to immigration control should NOT be included in the financial requirement. But in section 4 when we provide our daughter’s detail , the form does ask us who is financially responsible for the child, which we will state that I am responsible. Choosing financial requirement with no child seems to be in contradiction with this.

• For financial requirement itself - my wife actually has a salaried job but she did not get her monthly payment for several months in the last 6 months, so it is hard for her to provide evidence. But salary from myself is enough (even for one child) and meets the criteria, am I OK to just use my salary? If it is OK, how shall I fill in section of the query about her job status (section 7.3A)? Is it right to leave her job information blank?

I am sure these might have been discussed before, but it is really hard for me to dig out previous discussions.

Thanks very much.

Excellency
Newly Registered

Re: financial requirement and child dependant

Post by Excellency » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:03 pm

Can somebody shed some light on this please? we are getting more and more stressed since we are approaching the application deadline day :( :( :(