ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur ILR after 2nd Extension

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

friend87
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur ILR after 2nd Extension

Post by friend87 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:23 pm

Dear Members & Experts

I got my extension for tier 1 Entrepreneur (200K) and I am maintaining same business with two jobs.

I am unable to apply for ILR due to a break in my continuous residence and need to apply for a second extension which I am applying shortly.

MY Question is, do I need to maintain jobs for "another 12 months" during my second extension period before I can apply for ILR or this rules only applies for 12 months after first/any extension.

Thanks to all

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur ILR after 2nd Extension

Post by seasky » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:24 pm

I believe the wording is "last period of leave" (calling Zimba)

So according to that yes. Now in the first place this would be a very rare situation, with no case studies on how it was actually done in the past and so maybe there is a way around it. But why would HO want to give discretion to an 'entrepreneur' who has no employees for the last few years?

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:48 pm

as this is T1E extension case, I am sure OP will get best help if posted on Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visas section or moderator consider to move.

( I've seen Respected Guru Zimba88, all the time with counting money and investing :) , creating jobs. Will must get good advise if by moving it get his/her attention.)

friend87
Newly Registered

Post by friend87 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:13 pm

Basically looking for new Projects having new dynamics. I am signing a partnerships deed and will have shared control over business in coming months / year, thus wondering what does law actually states so that I shall be ready to comply .