ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (FP) Application in 2 weeks

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nzekells

FLR (FP) Application in 2 weeks

Post by Nzekells » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:24 am

Hello good people, compliments.
I have decided to apply for FLR (FP) in the next two weeks for me and my dependent. I am currently on T1E Initial. I have a Dependent wife, and two daughters aged 5+ and 2+ born in the UK. I will be eligible to apply for ILR LR bar 28 days on 1/12/16 (2 Months 7 days from my FLR appl.)
My question is:
1. Do I need to pay the NHS Health Surcharge, as I can't seem to find the requirement on the form?
2. Are there special documents I need to submit, even if not asked for ignorer to strengthen the appl?
3. I believe I can vary to ILR LR in Dec by attaching a letter and enclosing the fee top-up to make it up to £1,875. Is this right?
4. Is there any other thing I should be aware of?

Thank you very much for your time.
Opinion is researchedly mine!

secret.simon

Re: FLR (FP) Application in 2 weeks

Post by secret.simon » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:48 am

Why are you going down the FLR(FP) route and not extending your T1E?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:49 am

Also, under which category of FLR(FP) are you applying? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Nzekells

Post by Nzekells » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:52 am

Thanks very much, Secret.Simon and Casa.
I am looking to go for the 10yr Partner route (my wife joined me as a Dependent in 2009, though). I am thinking whether go the Parent route, even though non of them is 7 yet.
Life complications along the route of my T1E regime meant that I couldn't fulfill the 'settled person' employment requirement, despite having been active in business for 3 years. That automatically guarantees refusal.
While I understand the issue of 'vexatious and frivolous' applications being thrown away by the HO, it was actually last night that I changed my mind from applying for T1E extension, after reading Casa's advice to member, ManpreetKaur, including the part about 'compelling and compassionate' reason requirement.
In addition to T1E being more likely to fail quicker, it occurred to me FLR for me at least personally, may have more likelihood of success, even by its own weight. But again, I will vary to ILR LR, by His grace. These are my reasons.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:29 am

You don't qualify for the parent route. This is for someone who is living apart from their spouse.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Nzekells

Post by Nzekells » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:29 pm

Thanks, Casa. I guess I will stick to the Partner route then, while still highlighting the presence of my children. So, do I need to pay the NHS Health Surcharge, as I can't seem to find the requirement on the FLR (FP) form? I still need contributions on the questions 'afore-asked'. Thank you very much for your time.

awan123

Post by awan123 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:29 pm

Nzekells wrote:Thanks, Casa. I guess I will stick to the Partner route then, while still highlighting the presence of my children. So, do I need to pay the NHS Health Surcharge, as I can't seem to find the requirement on the FLR (FP) form? I still need contributions on the questions 'afore-asked'. Thank you very much for your time.
Yes you do need to pay £500 IHS for each person. I had applied FLR(FP) with 2 dependents and I paid £1500 for IHS. Thanks

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:59 pm

Nzekells, Awan,

Please could you advise/explain why you both chose FLRFP and not FLRO?

I was advised by a solicitor that FLRFP is for those whose partner have valid visa or they are settled in UK, in your both cases your partners,children have no valid leave and they are dependents. He told me his clients applications were returned as invalid and HO said they should have applied FLRO.

Please note this is just sharing what I know and not in anyway trying to say you are doing wrong thing but want to know reason behind FLRFP as why you preferred it over FLRO application?

Thank you.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:10 pm

(Casa, not CR001)

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:01 pm

Hello Casa,

Thank you for sharing this guidance.

Please don't mind but honestly, gone through some pages on this lengthy document and too much to take in and understand.

All at the moment I wanted to know who can apply for FLRFP and who should apply for FLRO. If anyone knows, please let me know.

Nzekells

Post by Nzekells » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:44 pm

Thanks awan123 for the insight on the surcharge. I appreciate. Good luck, bro.

@helpingperson, I just noticed that more people were successful with FLR (FP) especially if there are family considerations, despite the fact they don't fully qualify. I also read sometime in the past where moderators (either Obie or Vinny) advised a member against FLR(O). The member did otherwise, and was refused. So somehow naturally, I felt it would be more suited to what I am about.

Thank you very much, Casa. I really appreciate that you read and respond to me. I have looked at the IDI FM doc. Quite a lengthy read as I mainly perused. Apparently, the Private Life route is more friendly to me - as opposed to Partner or Parent. What do you think?
Thanks for raising that to my attention.

Nzekells

Post by Nzekells » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:52 pm

Again, is it right to have read that the NHS Surcharge would be refunded when I vary to ILR LR?

awan123

Post by awan123 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:03 pm

Nzekells wrote:Again, is it right to have read that the NHS Surcharge would be refunded when I vary to ILR LR?
Yes fee and IHS would be refunded when you will vary to ILR.

Nzekells

Post by Nzekells » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:17 pm

awan123 wrote:
Nzekells wrote:Again, is it right to have read that the NHS Surcharge would be refunded when I vary to ILR LR?
Okay...that means I will pay the full £1,875 at the point of ILR LR. Would that however class as variation? Given I am not just topping up the difference between £811 and £1,875, but making two different payments...?

awan123

Post by awan123 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:42 pm

Nzekells wrote:
awan123 wrote:
Okay...that means I will pay the full £1,875 at the point of ILR LR. Would that however class as variation? Given I am not just topping up the difference between £811 and £1,875, but making two different payments...?
You can either pay the fee difference or pay full £1875 and later on get the refund of previous application. Both ways you can vary your application.

Nzekells

Post by Nzekells » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:50 pm

Angel awan123, thank you very much. Thank you again. Again.

awan123

Post by awan123 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:59 pm

Nzekells wrote:Angel awan123, thank you very much. Thank you again. Again.
You welcome and good luck..

legalkhan
Pakistan

Post by legalkhan » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:49 pm

@Awan 123
Could you please tell how to pay the difference? I have raised this question in the forum already but Answer I got was to pay in full and get refunded later on, I would highly appreciate if You let me know how to just pay the difference? Is there any special form to fill for that or in the form cross the original amount and just write the difference.

awan123

Post by awan123 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:27 pm

legalkhan wrote:@Awan 123
Could you please tell how to pay the difference? I have raised this question in the forum already but Answer I got was to pay in full and get refunded later on, I would highly appreciate if You let me know how to just pay the difference? Is there any special form to fill for that or in the form cross the original amount and just write the difference.
Check this link page 57

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

As per my understanding tick the original amount, pay the difference and explain it in the covering letter. New fee...Already paid fee= Difference.

legalkhan
Pakistan

Post by legalkhan » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:19 pm

@awan123
Thanks for the reply, I have been through it a few times but unfortunately it doesn't tell you how to just pay the difference instead it tells you to pay the fees in full for the varied application and will be get refund for the old one once decided.

Thanks any way for your help , I really appreciate it.

Thanks