ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa to in-country FLR(HSMP) approved

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhasheth
Newly Registered

Student visa to in-country FLR(HSMP) approved

Post by bhasheth » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:41 pm

Dear friends & Senior Members,

I have been on student visa and in-country FLR(HSMP) is approved just recently. I hope this input will surely be helpful to many.

I really was confused whether I would have to go back to home country or I am eligible to switch from student to HSMP in-country. I couldn't find much of the information over this discussion board. It seems this is one of the gray area and not been discussed much. You can refer to my previous query on the same topic at http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight= and was advised to go back to home country. (Pls do refer to this web-link, it has my visa history.)

I was nearly to travel to home country. I then thought to give a phone call to customer service at Work Permit help line. They confirmed that I can switch in-country. I also requested them to write me in e-mail as well for future reference, which they did. According to them, although my degree was done in 2002, I always have renewed the student visa in country and had no new entry clearance for further student visa extension. So, its considered as degree achieved in 2002 is within a "current leave".

Anyhow,
HSMP application made on - 14.11.07
HSMP application approved - 06.12.07
FLR(HSMP) in-country application - 21.12.07
FLR(HSMP) in-country approved - 16.01.08

My writing ( rather composing) skill is not up-to-the-mark. Hope I have made myself clear. If any doubt, do ask.

Good luck to all.

Bha

gaboon_viper

Post by gaboon_viper » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:39 am

Hi,
Congrats for your FLR(hsmp). I am in the same position. I got approval last week. I got degree of MBA from York university. Can you please tell us that for your FLR. what docs you send. I mean just Masters degree or College certificates as well.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks
Viper

Vinu007
Newly Registered

Re: Student visa to in-country FLR(HSMP) approved

Post by Vinu007 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Hi bhasheth

Congrts for your HSMP .

What Degree you finished in 2002. what income proff you have submited.
Is it prior to your degree ??? 2000 - 2001 ??
Please suggest

Cheers
bhasheth wrote:Dear friends & Senior Members,

I have been on student visa and in-country FLR(HSMP) is approved just recently. I hope this input will surely be helpful to many.

I really was confused whether I would have to go back to home country or I am eligible to switch from student to HSMP in-country. I couldn't find much of the information over this discussion board. It seems this is one of the gray area and not been discussed much. You can refer to my previous query on the same topic at http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight= and was advised to go back to home country. (Pls do refer to this web-link, it has my visa history.)

I was nearly to travel to home country. I then thought to give a phone call to customer service at Work Permit help line. They confirmed that I can switch in-country. I also requested them to write me in e-mail as well for future reference, which they did. According to them, although my degree was done in 2002, I always have renewed the student visa in country and had no new entry clearance for further student visa extension. So, its considered as degree achieved in 2002 is within a "current leave".

Anyhow,
HSMP application made on - 14.11.07
HSMP application approved - 06.12.07
FLR(HSMP) in-country application - 21.12.07
FLR(HSMP) in-country approved - 16.01.08

My writing ( rather composing) skill is not up-to-the-mark. Hope I have made myself clear. If any doubt, do ask.

Good luck to all.

Bha

bhasheth
Newly Registered

Post by bhasheth » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:45 pm

Hiya gaboon_viper,

Very sorry for delated reply.

I sent college certificates too along with a degree certificate. Degree certificate was required anyways. And college certificate to support my further studies that I have been doing since completing the degree.

I understand that your FLR is successful too. Good luck anyways.

Bha

bhasheth
Newly Registered

Re: Student visa to in-country FLR(HSMP) approved

Post by bhasheth » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:52 pm

Vinu007 wrote:Hi bhasheth

Congrts for your HSMP .

What Degree you finished in 2002. what income proff you have submited.
Is it prior to your degree ??? 2000 - 2001 ??
Please suggest

Cheers

Hello Vinu007,

The degree in Multimedia and Internet Computing was completed in 2002.

Wage slips, bank entries of the wages, Income Tax document and an employer's letter were provided for the income proof. Also they were for the period of 2000 to 2001 which was just before I started full-time education in October 2001.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Bha