ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for permanent residence despite of my passport loss

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cliff036
Newly Registered

Applying for permanent residence despite of my passport loss

Post by cliff036 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:42 am

I'm going to apply for permanent residence in May after working for 5 years with a work permit. But I lost my passport recently and will get a new passport. Using form NTLTOC, I can get a visa stamp on my new passport, I believe. In this case, Can I still apply for permanent visa in May? Don't I need show them all stamps on the passport I got at immigration control during the period?

jes2jes

Re: Applying for permanent residence despite of my passport

Post by jes2jes » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:14 pm

cliff036 wrote:I'm going to apply for permanent residence in May after working for 5 years with a work permit. But I lost my passport recently and will get a new passport. Using form NTLTOC, I can get a visa stamp on my new passport, I believe. In this case, Can I still apply for permanent visa in May? Don't I need show them all stamps on the passport I got at immigration control during the period?
Well so long as you can show a list of absences, if you know them on top of your head then you should be fine if it does not exceed the maximum allowed. The burden of proof ofcoure is on you.
Make sure you have an employment letter included to state you are still working and would be needed in the employment.
Also, if you have the original work permit letter, please add that to it since they ask for it anyway.
If you have the airline tickets you for your travels, it would be a good source of info for your absence calculation (alternatively, as your HR department to give you a list of all your holiday dates since you started working for them init?)

But if I were you, I will make a request for my SAB file.
Praise The Lord!!!!

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:14 pm

Are you planning to go in person at the PEO or do a postal application? In either case, doing a SAR early certainly won't hurt as you'll be able to ensure that all your previous visas are "in the system".