ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

meltof
Newly Registered

EEA Visa

Post by meltof » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:19 am

Hey,
So I'm a student in the UK and I have recently got married and my husband and I want to reunite after 3 years of knowing eachother. I am an EU student so technically I am his EEA family member, we want to apply for the EEA family permit and we would like to know if it is going to be possible given our situation, that I now will explain. I'm currently studying in university here and he also is a student in out home country, Morocco, we got married this summer and we've spent some time together. We both have valid passports and proof of our marriege. I live in a student accomodation and it's probably where we going to live both when he joins me. Also, I'm a student so I don't have a full time job.So my question is what will the requirments be? Will they require any of my financials or will they require any of his? How can we make sure that we get the visa and make our application a strong one? Any other advise that may be helpful for our situation?

Thank you in advance

noajthan

Re: EEA Visa

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:38 am

Husband is your dependent.
You are the sponsor; you are not his family member - he is your direct family member.

Apply for UK Family Permit.
Submit adequate documentary supporting evidence to back your case. Including strong evidence of relationship; don't just submit marriage certificate.

Have you checked the requirements and documents list?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

meltof
Newly Registered

Post by meltof » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:03 am

noajthan wrote:Husband is your dependent.
You are the sponsor; you are not his family member - he is your direct family member.

Apply for UK Family Permit.
Submit adequate documentary supporting evidence to back your case. Including strong evidence of relationship; don't just submit marriage certificate.

Have you checked the requirements and documents list?
Yes i checked all that
strong evidence of relationship what can be ?
and what are the most causes for refusing a visa ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:27 am

meltof wrote:Yes i checked all that
strong evidence of relationship what can be ?
and what are the most causes for refusing a visa ?
Here's an example case to show what goes on and what seems to be required:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 07507.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:56 am

You'll need CSI or health cover from your EU home country to be able to exercise treaty rights and act as a sponsor if you're a student (or self sufficient). If you don't always have this get it in place (for both of you I think - experts will know more) so so ASAP and submit evidence of this along with the application.