ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI testing online fast track applications for EU national

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Obie
Ireland

UKVI testing online fast track applications for EU national

Post by Obie » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:29 am

Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

secret.simon

Re: UKVI testing online fast track applications for EU natio

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:46 pm

Noetic had posted an article from the Times on this point earlier.

Is it possible to clarify at this stage if the portal is meant to handle all EEA Route applications or is it targeted at EEA citizens themselves (i.e. not at non-EEA family members)? As I have mentioned in the other thread, I am guessing that it is more an exercise in head-counting the EEA population in the UK than in simplifying the application process. Immigration minister Robert Goodwill admitted this week that the government can not identify EEA nationals in the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:25 pm

I hope it is more than just an exercise to get the numbers and identities (something they should have done from the start to ensure people actually exercise treaty rights and continue to do so until attaining PR).

I have been hitting my head against a brick wall trying to convince several German friends to at least get their RCs arranged as sooner or later they will need to have some form of documentation to retain their right to work here, but no luck. I don't know if Germans are particularly stubborn or whether it's a case of having always assumed dual nationality was not possible so they never bothered even when this was made possible by Germany at least for EU countries (I would hope Germany would allow such UK Germany citizenship holders to retain both post Brexit).

I even know of one lady who has been here 40+ years and is still refusing to entertain the possibility that she may need to at least register before Brexit.

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:45 pm

my colleague is keen to write a paper on bollock(s)-ology in modern British politics! European politicians (specifically, French and German) indicated that the rights of British expats (what a seksi term for immigrants, right?!) would be universally guaranteed. The penny does not drop in Britain as British establishment does not want clarity and expects the penny to freeze up in mid-air to be used as a bargaining chip. pathetic!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:36 pm

The UK government says brexit means brexit and they will make a success of it.

I am still trying to work out what this concept means.

Some of the ministers have vow that Freemovement will continue to be available to British Citizens, whiles restrictions will be placed on EU nationals .

They will also be in the single market and the city will continue to be the financial centre of Europe.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:24 pm

Obie wrote:The UK government says brexit means brexit and they will make a success of it.

I am still trying to work out what this concept means.
The government has made it abundantly clear that they themselves do not yet have a clue what it means.