ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Residence Card expired, how about travel?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kurtburp
Newly Registered

EEA Residence Card expired, how about travel?

Post by kurtburp » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:37 pm

Hi

Any advice for the following would be much appreciated:

EEA Family Member applied for UK perm residence - still in progress. Now wishes to travel with family for holiday. EEA residence card has recently expired (after 5 years), so (in theory) would need EEA Family permit to return to UK after holiday. However, as a Japanese national (i.e. no visa required for 6 months) AND actually travelling with EEA-spouse upon return to UK, is there really anything apart from passports and perhaps marriage certificates needed? I mean, she could just be entering on a 6 month tourist visa? EEA spouse is travelling with her, so...

Many thanks for advising.
Cheers.

noajthan

Re: EEA Residence Card expired, how about travel?

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:53 pm

kurtburp wrote:Hi

Any advice for the following would be much appreciated:

EEA Family Member applied for UK perm residence - still in progress. Now wishes to travel with family for holiday. EEA residence card has recently expired (after 5 years), so (in theory) would need EEA Family permit to return to UK after holiday. However, as a Japanese national (i.e. no visa required for 6 months) AND actually travelling with EEA-spouse upon return to UK, is there really anything apart from passports and perhaps marriage certificates needed? I mean, she could just be entering on a 6 month tourist visa? EEA spouse is travelling with her, so...

Many thanks for advising.
Cheers.
See UK BF Ops Manual to get into the mind of the border guard/IO who will greet and question you:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ndents.pdf
- section 5.5
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.