ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

reporting someone for cyber crime / fraud - affects ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

priyahere12
Newly Registered

reporting someone for cyber crime / fraud - affects ILR?

Post by priyahere12 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:41 am

I'd like to know if an applicant for ILR/Citizenship may have filed a case against somebody who committed a cyber crime / fraud in relation to money (in the home country, not UK). Will this affect the applicant's ILR/citizenship in anyway? The applicant is the victim (based in the UK) of the fraud so they have just reported it to the police in their home country . Does this affect the visa application in anyway?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: reporting someone for cyber crime / fraud - affects ILR?

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:26 am

No, it should not. It will only affect UK status if the applicant is the accused and has an investigation/court pending.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

priyahere12
Newly Registered

Post by priyahere12 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:02 am

CR001 wrote:No, it should not. It will only affect UK status if the applicant is the accused and has an investigation/court pending.
thanks .. i'm just a bit worried that when i report this person, what if he puts any false allegations on me although i have all the proofs and evidence that he is guilty. but the fact that he might try to put false allegations on me i'm worried if this will have an impact on my applications here.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:04 am

We can't guess what the outcome of you reporting someone will be. If there is a pending court case with allegations against you, any application you make will be put on hold pending outcome of a court case.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

priyahere12
Newly Registered

Post by priyahere12 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:47 pm

So i guess i can't take an action on this at the moment to avoid any complications in my application (although my application for ilr would only be in june 2018). I;m almost very certain this person will put false allegations on me as soon as I report him.

Does anyone else have an idea how to report such an offense without getting into a legal action?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:40 pm

priyahere12 wrote:Does anyone else have an idea how to report such an offense without getting into a legal action?
This is not an immigration related question. You need to contact the police cyber crime unit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:07 pm

How to report fraud and cyber crime wrote:If you wish to make a report but want to remain anonymous then you will need to call the Action Fraud contact centre on 0300 123 2040. Note that we cannot offer anonymity if you use the online fraud reporting tool.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.