ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employee Letter requested by case worker

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tom.draper

Employee Letter requested by case worker

Post by tom.draper » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:51 pm

Hi Gurus,

I have applied for my ILR in april via tier 1, 5 year route.

Yesterday I have received a letter from the caseworker. in the letter he mentioned the dates I have been out of UK after 2013. and mentioned to send a letter from my employer confirming the holidays I have taken were permitted

the letter states that

" even though the absences are within the annual permitted allowance. we require letters from your employers for these periods to verify that they were permitted. we also require a self-declaration from you demonstrating the same for the periods of self employment".

my earnings are solely based on 1 employer and I'm with the same company since 2011.

is this something usual? do we have to send employer letter for the holidays taken?
gurus please suggest.

thank you.

Hola2015

Re: Employee Letter requested by case worker

Post by Hola2015 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:23 pm

tom.draper wrote:Hi Gurus,

I have applied for my ILR in april via tier 1, 5 year route.

Yesterday I have received a letter from the caseworker. in the letter he mentioned the dates I have been out of UK after 2013. and mentioned to send a letter from my employer confirming the holidays I have taken were permitted

the letter states that

" even though the absences are within the annual permitted allowance. we require letters from your employers for these periods to verify that they were permitted. we also require a self-declaration from you demonstrating the same for the periods of self employment".

my earnings are solely based on 1 employer and I'm with the same company since 2011.

is this something usual? do we have to send employer letter for the holidays taken?
gurus please suggest.

thank you.
In my view, I will suggest that if you can obtain the letter requested from your employer, it is in your own interest to do so. Moreso that this has been asked for by the CW. Failure to provide the letter requested may result in delay and/or rejection

leavetoremain

Post by leavetoremain » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:12 am

How many days were your absent during the said period?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:35 am

245CD wrote:(j) The applicant must provide the specified documents in paragraph 245CD-SD to evidence the reason for the absences set out in paragraph 245AAA, unless the applicant meets the conditions in (f)(i)-(iii) above.
245AAA wrote:(c) Except for periods where the applicant had leave as a Tier 1(Investor) Migrant, a Tier 1(Entrepreneur) Migrant, a Tier 1(Exceptional Talent) Migrant or a highly skilled migrant, any absences from the UK during the five years must have been for a purpose that is consistent with the applicant’s basis of stay here, including paid annual leave, or for serious or compelling reasons.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tom.draper

Post by tom.draper » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:55 am

Thank you for your replies.

I was absent for a total of 182 days over 5 year period In 7 visits
The maximum I was out once was 47 days , it was paid annual leave and was split into two years.

Vinny:

my emoloyer have given me a letter mentioning that I was on paid annual leaves for the dates mentioned.
Will this be enough? Please suggest.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:04 am

Should be okay, if it satisfies 245CD-SD.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tom.draper

Post by tom.draper » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:05 am

Thank you Vinny.

How many days woulld it normally take after replying to the query?