ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of signature for Naturalisation and British passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anjanagrg
Newly Registered

Change of signature for Naturalisation and British passport

Post by anjanagrg » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:11 pm

Hi!
I am in the process of applying for naturalisation and will also be applying for a British passport soon after. However, the signature on my current passport (of a different country) and my BRP are in a different language. So, I would like to change my signature when I naturalise and obtain a British passport. The problem is that I do not know how and where to change my signature. :? Do I need to change my signature when I naturalise or can I do it when I apply for a British passport? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

vinny

Re: Change of signature for Naturalisation and British passp

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:35 pm

I believe that a signature may be in any language. It may be easier to remember if it's consistent for all documents.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

anjanagrg
Newly Registered

Re: Change of signature for Naturalisation and British passp

Post by anjanagrg » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:29 pm

vinny wrote:I believe that a signature may be in any language. It may be easier to remember if it's consistent for all documents.
Thanks for the reply Vinny! I know that signatures can be in any language but the current signature I have on my passport was done when I was very young. I would like to change the signature for Naturalisation and my British passport so that I can use the new signature for all my official documents here on after before it is too late. Is there any way I can do so?