ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Any one got ILR on tier 1 Entrepreneur 5 year rout in 20

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Roibot
Newly Registered

Post by Roibot » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:21 am

infotansi wrote:I am waiting for HO decision on my ILR since 1st March 2016 applied as Tier 1 Entrepreneur 5 year. Anyone got ILR in this category and how long it took?
I submitted my application with my wife as dependent on 1st March 2016. Within 10 days of my application the fee had been taken and received the letter & given for biometric registration.
I didn't submit proof for investment or my company accounts as I demonstrated in Feb 2014 when I extended my Tier 1 Entrepreneur. I just submitter current appointment letter from Companies House, proof of one staff continuously working (started to work in Dec 2012).
Now 5 months one week completed. Every month on 11th I receive a automated mail from HO saying "We are emailing you to confirm that your recent Home Office application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application, which is our service standard. If we are unable to process your application within 6 months we will tell you as soon as possible".

When days are going I am getting fear and I would appreciate any suggestion from experienced members or who already received ILR on this category.
Hi,
I have applied for my ILR on 28 May 2016 along with 3 dependants under the £200,000 route. I have a business that licenses Intellectual Property internationally so need to travel outside the UK frequently. However since submitting my Set (O) application I have been stuck in the UK. My customer is calling and I need to travel immediately to address some technical issues with the customer but cannot travel thanks to the UKVI holding my passport. My business will have to close down if I am not allowed to travel. I wrote to my MP, who has kindly agreed to address the issue. He has also asked if there are similar cases of T1 Entrepreneurs and I am writing this message to ask all T1 Entrepreneurs to reply back with details so that I may forward your cases to this extremely helpful MP.
This is a great opportunity to help all genuine Entrepreneurs who have had a tough time since starting their businesses in the UK, so please let's make the most of this chance.

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:42 am

There are lots of cases for extension applications for Entrepreneur category, will he be able to help those?

Roibot
Newly Registered

Post by Roibot » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:40 pm

He has asked me to direct applications to him, so I am sure he should be able to help. In any case there are very few MPs out there willing to listen to Entrepreneurs' problems, so what is the harm?

Roibot
Newly Registered

ILR Tier 1 Entrepreneur MP willing to help

Post by Roibot » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi,
I am a Tier 1 Entrepreneur who has applied for the ILR and am awaiting a decision from the UKVI. Meanwhile I need to travel for business which I can't do as the UKVI has my passport.
I wrote to my MP who has been very kind and has offered to help not just me but also all the other Tier 1 Entrepreneurs stuck in a similar predicament.
If you are a genuine Tier 1 Entrepreneur and want to be heard by the Member of Parliament, please respond.
Thanks.
Roibot

secret.simon

Re: ILR Tier 1 Entrepreneur MP willing to help

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:48 pm

I would be very cautious about taking up this offer. MPs are supposed to only deal with matters affecting their constituents and by convention, are meant to pass on the matters of constituents of other MPs to those MPs.

You do not get to pick and choose MPs except with a vote in the General Elections (or in a parliamentary by-election). Once elected, the MP for that constituency is meant to be the MP for all his constituents and is best placed to deal with matters affecting them.

It is also worth remembering that MPs do not have any power over the Home Office for individual cases. What they can do is question Ministers, either at the Despatch Box or in committee, about the work of their departments. It is possible that the OP's MP is gathering data to question ministers. But that will likely not help individual members of these forums.

Also see: MPs and constituency etiquette
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Roibot
Newly Registered

Post by Roibot » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:12 pm

Secret.simon,

The MP is quite clear that he cannot help individuals that aren't form his constituency, but he can certainly make a case for us all collectively in Parliament. He is really interested in helping entrepreneurs get their fair dues from the government. We have all been enticed to invest in the UK by the UK Gov with promises of good governance and fair dealings. But after having invested £200,000 we are being treated like second class citizens with curtailment of travel which is agianst all laws of human rights.
If we can find a voice in Parliament to represent us, it surely can't be a bad thing!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:15 pm

Roibot wrote:But after having invested £200,000 we are being treated like second class citizens with curtailment of travel which is agianst all laws of human rights.
No one is 'curtailing travel' or treating Entrepreneurs as 'second class citizens'. Tier 1 Ent migrants can ask for their passports back if they provide valid reasons, ie for identity, business travel etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:35 pm

Roibot wrote:The MP is quite clear that he cannot help individuals that aren't form his constituency,
So long as that is made clear, I think there should not be any issues.

The MP can put forward a collective case in Parliament for a group of people across the country, but he can't intervene in the individual cases of people who are not his constituents. For individual cases, you must go via the MP for your area.

So long as that is spelt out, to avoid setting up unrealistic expectations, that should be fine.

As an aside, people on the UK Immigration Rules pathway can not be treated as second class citizens, because they are not citizens yet.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Roibot
Newly Registered

Post by Roibot » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:41 pm

CR001,

You are mistaken; the passports are not returned for business travel. Urgent requests are often only actioned by the UKVI if the person involved is experiencing 'mitigating circumstances', as defined by them, such as a severe or terminal illness, or illness in the family or another close relative. I am not aware, in my experience, of the Home Office returning a passport on business or financial grounds.
In any case, I had written to the UKVI explaining the situation but with no success.
If the passport is returned, the applications is treated as being withdrawn.
That means that you reapply when you have finished your current business travel and pay the exhorbitant fees of the application plus the legal fees again. Then wait out another 6 months all over again hoping your business doesn't need you to travel again in the next 6 months.

Roibot
Newly Registered

Post by Roibot » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:48 pm

Secret.simon,

'Second class citizen ' is a term that applies to residents as well as full British passport holders!
See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second-class_citizen

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:50 pm

Perhaps the Life in the UK test should test for comprehension of sarcasm too.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:02 pm

Roibot wrote:But after having invested £200,000 we are being treated like second class citizens with curtailment of travel which is agianst all laws of human rights.
First world problem; hardly a HR problem.

It goes with the territory and the rights/responsibilities associated with this visa class are well-known so should be manageable.
Delegation would be one strategy an enrepreneur worth her salt could leverage.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.