ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A condition of permanet visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cliff036
Newly Registered

A condition of permanet visa

Post by cliff036 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:46 pm

With permanent visa, you are not allowed to be away from UK more than 2years. Basically you are supposed to live in UK.
What it you live in your own country and keep visiting UK every two years?
I heard that you would lose your visa if you did that. But I wonder how they will find it out.

paulp
Diamond Member

Re: A condition of permanet visa

Post by paulp » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:38 pm

cliff036 wrote:With permanent visa, you are not allowed to be away from UK more than 2years. Basically you are supposed to live in UK.
What it you live in your own country and keep visiting UK every two years?
I heard that you would lose your visa if you did that. But I wonder how they will find it out.
The immigration officer will ask you how long you have been away each time you enter the country and they can easily go through the stamps in your passport.