ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 5 yr pending and ILR (LR) about to go in?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

holla007

ILR 5 yr pending and ILR (LR) about to go in?

Post by holla007 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:36 pm

Hi all,
I know this sound a bit crazy but i just need some clarifications on the issue. Presently i have my ILR via the 5 yrs route (Tier1 2yrs + Tier Extension 3yrs) with the HO still yet to be decided though i have gotten a letter inviting me for an interview for over a month now but no location or date yet, and my application has been submitted since February 2016 ( Full Time Employed + Individual contractor outside the UK), now i will be completing my 10 yrs in the UK on 21 Sept 2016. Now the issue is this, am thinking of submitting another application for the ILR via the Long Resident Route while my other ILR application is still with the HO, but i dont know if this is ok or if it make any sense, i really need some kind of advice on this, thanks for any advice ahead.

noajthan

Re: ILR 5 yr pending and ILR (LR) about to go in?

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:33 pm

Why would you do that.
Just sit tight, let HO process current application.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:24 am

You could apply to vary to Set(LR) I think, but HO will still do exactly the same checks/interview etc via this route due to your Tier 1 G time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

holla007

Post by holla007 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:26 pm

Thanks guys for the response, was just thinking otherwise before, but what other option is available in case something went wrong and AR didnt go well? I know there is appeal right for SET(LR) but i dont know if there is any for SET(O) baed on 5yrs Route. Cheers