ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

J_Karim
BANNED

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by J_Karim » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:22 pm

To mick
Thats good that you did mention in the form..well you did not have to explain to them as you were not convicted as such..
however the time frame i saw its too long u have been waiting..its almost a year..
How did you mail them?
If i were you at this id write in letter to give me an updates..
Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K

mick2109
Newly Registered

Post by mick2109 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:09 am

J_Karim wrote:To mick
Thats good that you did mention in the form..well you did not have to explain to them as you were not convicted as such..
however the time frame i saw its too long u have been waiting..its almost a year..
How did you mail them?
If i were you at this id write in letter to give me an updates..
hey buddy i emailed them i got same reply since jan ur application continues to be processed its not possible to give u exact time frame once decision reached we contact u

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:15 am

to be honest i feel like something is not right..you should have ur approval for this ceremony?
if u do not get any approval for this 19th seek help from legal advice..

Regards
J.K

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:03 pm

Hi guys,

After 6 months application I received a letter stating my application has now been initially assessed and has proceeded to the second stage of processing. Your case will be submitted to the Minister for decision as soon as our enquires are complete and all required documentation has been compiled.

I am quite lost now, I was reading some posts and most of people mentioned that second stage took around 6 months. Is this normal? If that is the correct time frame my application will be over a year then. Quite disappointed. I sent all documentations.

Does anyone know how long would take the second stage to be clear?

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:19 pm

Now a days most of the cases got cleared within 6 month.
Now second stage take few weeks now it might take longer.
its wait and see game..
is ur application based on married to eu citizen??

Regards
J.K

adublin
Ireland

Post by adublin » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:22 pm

dad12345 wrote:Hi guys,

After 6 months application I received a letter stating my application has now been initially assessed and has proceeded to the second stage of processing. Your case will be submitted to the Minister for decision as soon as our enquires are complete and all required documentation has been compiled.

I am quite lost now, I was reading some posts and most of people mentioned that second stage took around 6 months. Is this normal? If that is the correct time frame my application will be over a year then. Quite disappointed. I sent all documentations.

Does anyone know how long would take the second stage to be clear?

Hey there,
I guess your application is in advance level of the 2nd stage coz now-a-days they just give 1 letter for both 1st & 2nd stage together.
In my own case, i got 1 letter bit lately writing same story as yours and after that in less than 2 months got approval.
So i would say you should receive good-news in about 2 months if not early.

God bless us all.
India

tuathanach

Post by tuathanach » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:38 am

Hi there people!
Has anyone had any experience of posting new applications since the new forms came out (August forms) whereby you are required to submit original passports? How quickly were your passports returned to you?

Thank you :)

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:39 am

tuathanach wrote:Hi there people!
Has anyone had any experience of posting new applications since the new forms came out (August forms) whereby you are required to submit original passports? How quickly were your passports returned to you?

Hi. I applied on 26th of August and my original passports and acknowledgement letter was sent exactly 2 weeks later, i.e 9th September.

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:08 pm

@ kaiser1977
thats too quick..
whats was the based on your application?

Regards
J.K

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:34 pm

J_Karim wrote:@ kaiser1977
thats too quick..
whats was the based on your application?
I guess they are quicker now because they have to return the original passports in time.
My application is based on 5 year stamp 1.

tuathanach

Post by tuathanach » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:25 pm

kaiser1977 wrote:

Hi. I applied on 26th of August and my original passports and acknowledgement letter was sent exactly 2 weeks later, i.e 9th September.
Thanks for coming back to me!! :D I had asked INIS and they did say that they'd be returned in approximately 2 weeks but I was curious of any actual examples. Thanks for that! Good luck with your application. I posted mine last week on Thursday and I'm not quite sure how I'll manage to find the patience to wait this out!! :)

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:15 pm

tuathanach wrote:
kaiser1977 wrote:

Thanks for coming back to me!! :D I had asked INIS and they did say that they'd be returned in approximately 2 weeks but I was curious of any actual examples. Thanks for that! Good luck with your application. I posted mine last week on Thursday and I'm not quite sure how I'll manage to find the patience to wait this out!! :)
No problem at all. Thank you for the wishes. And I know exactly what you mean. These are going to be long few months. But the day will eventually come. :)

tuathanach

Post by tuathanach » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:32 pm

Absolutely! Very long. If you don't mind me asking what nationality are you and do you have a rough timeframe in mind? I'm expecting mines to take a little longer as it's based on Irish Associations. I'm British myself. Fingers crossed for you! Will be good to keep in touch as we advance along! Have to say, these forums are wonderful.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:34 am

tuathanach wrote:Absolutely! Very long. If you don't mind me asking what nationality are you and do you have a rough timeframe in mind? I'm expecting mines to take a little longer as it's based on Irish Associations. I'm British myself. Fingers crossed for you! Will be good to keep in touch as we advance along! Have to say, these forums are wonderful.
Hey, I am from Pakistan. Im sorry I am not sure how long it will take for Irish associations. I guess everyone's mileage vary. There were a few other board users who got theirs approved. I remenber one of them mentioning that it took him/her 2 years. But then even a normal 5 year residence application can take upwards of that duration. Depends on how citizenship section is placed with the workload I guess.

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:40 pm

@Kaiser
@tuathanach
That was very quick Kaiser , you got reply in two weeks. I applied on 22 July still no communication the Only concern i have is that because i applied through the old for (as the new form was just released couple of weeks ago) i hope they are not gonna come back to me asking to fill new form.
i heard that they are now sending second stage letter directly ?
@tuathanach : i know how hard is to wait , i have been in Ireland now almost 12 years and every day i have to ring my wife to check the post as i leave home early in the morning.
Wish you all best of luck !

tuathanach

Post by tuathanach » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:39 pm

SouthDubliner1 wrote:@Kaiser
@tuathanach
That was very quick Kaiser , you got reply in two weeks. I applied on 22 July still no communication the Only concern i have is that because i applied through the old for (as the new form was just released couple of weeks ago) i hope they are not gonna come back to me asking to fill new form.
@tuathanach : i know how hard is to wait , i have been in Ireland now almost 12 years and every day i have to ring my wife to check the post as i leave home early in the morning.
Hi there! Nice to know I'm not the only impatient one! :)
I wouldn't worry too much about your application, i emailed today just to try to estimate a timeline and they said that they are currently processing applications made at the end of June. It's a bit unclear since they made the new version of the form available. I imagine that they have to sort of stick to a timeline of about 2 weeks for those who sent in original passports etc. I'd say, given you sent yours on the old application form, that you can expect your first stage approval letter this week or next? Fingers crossed for you! Let us know! :)

amwaraich

Post by amwaraich » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:16 pm

My timeline:

Applied on: 11th August 2016 (Old Form)
Application received: 15th August 2016

Basis: 3 years Irish Association (My son is Irish)

1st letter: Not received yet.

I sent them email and got response on 2nd September as follows
Please be advised that this office is currently processing new applications received around the beginning of July. If you have not heard anything further from this office within the next 3/4 weeks come back to me and I will follow it up again for you.

Regards,
Citizenship Division

Thanks,
amwaraich

tuathanach

Post by tuathanach » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:41 pm

amwaraich wrote:My timeline:

Please be advised that this office is currently processing new applications received around the beginning of July. If you have not heard anything further from this office within the next 3/4 weeks come back to me and I will follow it up again for you.

Regards,
Citizenship Division

Thanks,
amwaraich
Hi there! Good luck on your application. I'm also applying based on Irish Associations. I think we'll both need patience!! :D 8)

As far as i can see, it seems that applications made on the older form are taking slightly longer than applications made with the new form. I imagine the reason for this is because with the new form you must submit original passport and so they need to return this as quickly as possible.

amwaraich

Post by amwaraich » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:17 pm

tuathanach wrote:

Regards,
Citizenship Division

Thanks,
amwaraich
Hi there! Good luck on your application. I'm also applying based on Irish Associations. I think we'll both need patience!! :D 8)

As far as i can see, it seems that applications made on the older form are taking slightly longer than applications made with the new form. I imagine the reason for this is because with the new form you must submit original passport and so they need to return this as quickly as possible.
Thanks for your response. Yes, I also think that new applications are getting precedence in getting registered on the system and acknowledgements. But I don't know if they will process them first or not. If they do then it is our bad luck.

There is a question though. I had a conviction in 2010 for parking a car on road without insurance and I was fined £120 in England. This is now a spent conviction. I have disclosed it on my application. Do you think it will effect my application in anyway?

Thanks

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:04 pm

SouthDubliner1 wrote:@Kaiser
@tuathanach
@tuathanach
@SouthDubliner1

Thats my understanding as well. I guess they are responding faster because they need to return original passports as soon as possible. Its only a matter of photocopying them and returning with a reference number. They clearly stated in my letter that no examination of my application has taken place. So i guess it goes back into the queue until processing formally starts.

I think it wouldnt be fair to ask you to for the new application requirements. but just in case, if I were you, I would start looking for old bills, statements, etc and would also register myself for the public services card.

Bilbil
Newly Registered

Post by Bilbil » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:27 pm

Hi All
Please I need some kind of help with regards to the duration of the ceremony event. I need to arrange for time off at work as I can not get the whole day off. Mine is scheduled at 9:40. Averagely, what time should I expect it to be over. Thanks all

tuathanach

Post by tuathanach » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:39 am

Bilbil wrote:Hi All
Please I need some kind of help with regards to the duration of the ceremony event. I need to arrange for time off at work as I can not get the whole day off. Mine is scheduled at 9:40. Averagely, what time should I expect it to be over. Thanks all
There is another thread in the Ireland forums about this and you'll probably find more precise answers there.

tuathanach

Post by tuathanach » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:40 am

amwaraich wrote:
tuathanach wrote:

Regards,
Citizenship Division

Thanks,
amwaraich

Thanks for your response. Yes, I also think that new applications are getting precedence in getting registered on the system and acknowledgements. But I don't know if they will process them first or not. If they do then it is our bad luck.

There is a question though. I had a conviction in 2010 for parking a car on road without insurance and I was fined £120 in England. This is now a spent conviction. I have disclosed it on my application. Do you think it will effect my application in anyway?

Thanks
Hi, I'm not nearly as experienced as some of the other members on this forum but I wouldn't think that it would affect your application based on what I've read. It's good that you disclosed it and, I presume, paid the fine? 8) I think you'll be fine.

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:39 am

I just E-mail INIS today to know the status of my application . I got a reply back below:

As previously advised, your application is currently being processed. This
office does not currently require any further information or documentation
from you at this time. While it is not possible to give an exact timeframe,
this office will be in touch as soon as a decision has been reached.

Regards

Citizenship Division

Do anyone know what this really means? Thanks in advance.

tuathanach

Post by tuathanach » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:44 am

dublin7777 wrote:I just E-mail INIS today to know the status of my application . I got a reply back below:

As previously advised, your application is currently being processed. This
office does not currently require any further information or documentation
from you at this time. While it is not possible to give an exact timeframe,
this office will be in touch as soon as a decision has been reached.

Regards

Citizenship Division

Do anyone know what this really means? Thanks in advance.
Hi Dublin7777,

Can you give us your timeframe please? Basis of application and dates/info of any correspondence received? For example, have you received the acknowledgement letter and/or second-stage?