ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa Q's

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

johannalouise
Newly Registered

Fiance Visa Q's

Post by johannalouise » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:57 pm

Hi,
I have a few questions about the application and would really appreciate some help!

1. For a fiance visa is the category settlement and sub category marriage?

2. Does my fiance (the applicant) choose 'single' as he marital status?

3. My fiance holds a degree from Australia. Along with the NARIC certificate of equivalency, is this sufficient for the language requirement?

4. In appendix 2 it asks if my fiance intends to work in the UK. Should he say no because he can't work on a fiance visa? Or should he say yes but explain that obviously not until we're married and he's applied for and been granted FLR(M) and therefore has permission to work?

5. We want to include whatsapp conversations/skype calls. What's the best way to do this?
My skype 'logs' are just a word document showing ***call from XX*** ***call ended. duration 35.24*** and the date and time. Is this the normal way to do it?
For whatsapp I exported the chat log and it's enormous! I know I should just show a selection of the conversation. Should I pick the parts to show at random?

We're getting to the final stages of gathering documents and going over the application form and it's so nerve wracking so I really appreciate any help or advice!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Fiance Visa Q's

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:07 pm

1. Yes

2. He is still single

3. Is it the NARIC English Language Assessment (ELA)??

4. Not sure.

5. Screen shots of the actual skype or whatsapp, a random selection should be fine. Anyone can create a Word document.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

johannalouise
Newly Registered

Post by johannalouise » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:29 pm

Thank you so much for your advice!

I tried to apply for the NARIC ELA but they got an email saying they couldn't provide a certificate because the degree was taught in Australia and was therefore obviously done in English.
I have the statement of comparability to a UK degree.
He's Indonesian btw, not Australian!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:33 pm

Yes, I know he is Indonesian from your other posts. If he was Australian, he would not have to meet the English requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

johannalouise
Newly Registered

Post by johannalouise » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:53 pm

Sorry, I didn't realise you could see my previous posts.
I can't even find them! (:
anyway, thank you very much for your help!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:57 pm

Click on username for link to previous posts.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.