ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

coronita

Re: EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Post by coronita » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:53 pm

Jacky25pop wrote:Hello everyone.
Has any March applicant received any reply from HO

Thanks

Jacky
Hi there! You mean you are still waiting for RC or that you haven't even got your COA?

Jacky25pop
Newly Registered

Post by Jacky25pop » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:51 pm

coronita wrote:

Thanks

Jacky
Hi there! You mean you are still waiting for RC or that you haven't even got your COA?

Hi coronita.
I received my coa 4th of April. Now waiting for RC.
Thanks

F25
Newly Registered

Post by F25 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:11 pm

Hi all,

I submitted my biometrics on 9 august, still haven't received COA.
Is the anyone else in the same situation? Did it take this long for anyone here?

yulis
Newly Registered

Post by yulis » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:42 am

Long wait finally came to an end. I received all docs include EEA QP and the letter stating that Residence card will be sent separately in 10 days. See timeline below on my signature.

Feel free to reach out for questions and good luck to all of you!

yulis
Newly Registered

Post by yulis » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:28 am

PeatD wrote:hi everyone, I'm stil waiting on my RC approval, timeline as below. But i am now moving house in the next week. I was planning to set up a mail redirection via Royal Mail, but I've just read that this does not cover courier deliveries. And reading through the forums it seems that DX is the main courier that they use to deliver the RC (if approved, i guess).

Can anyone please advise what to do, or what other delivery carriers they encountered when recieving their approval and documents back? I imagine that i also need to notify home office of the change, but not sure how to do this and scared it will delay things even further. Can anyone share their experience and advice please?

many thanks in advance.

EEA_EFM Application sent: 20/02/16 (as unmarried partner of EEA national)
Payment deducted: 26/02/16
Biometric letter received: 03/04/16
Biometric enrolment completed: 05/04/16
Requested passport & ID back: 05/04/16
Received passport & ID back: 25/04/16
Requested COA: 01/06/16
COA received: 03/06/16 (but dated 18/03/16 with no right to work
Residence card: ???
Hi PeatD,

We had to move out to our new flat on 24th of August (the date when application EFM+QP are due 6 months). What we did was to inform HO online about change of address a week before we moved out (15th August). We were worried, but everything works fine. 1st Sept we received all supporting document + QP certificate for my EEA partner + letter stating RC will be sent separately in 10 days, those were sent to our new address.

coronita

Post by coronita » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:21 pm

Jacky25pop wrote:
coronita wrote:

Thanks

Jacky

Hi coronita.
I received my coa 4th of April. Now waiting for RC.
Thanks

Hi Jacky25pop,

I think once it's past the 6 month mark you can contact home office to report overdue application. I'm only at the beginning of the process so can't help you more. Good luck with your application though!

I have a couple more questions hopefully someone can answer here.

My husband and I applied for EEA QP+FM. Are the applicants for EEA QP supposed to receive some sort of confirmation?

Does EEA QP application share the same timeframe as EEA FM, i.e. 6 months?

My husband needs to request back his passport for travel soon, will this affect our applications? Since he's applying for QP himself.

Thank you in advance!

coronita

Post by coronita » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:46 pm

yulis wrote:Long wait finally came to an end. I received all docs include EEA QP and the letter stating that Residence card will be sent separately in 10 days. See timeline below on my signature.

Hi yulis,

Congratulations on your applications! I have a few questions to which you might know the answer. I'd really appreciate some help!

For the EEA QP application, it looks like it took you almost 6 months. Was there any confirmation sent to the applicant during the process? I don't know if you are the EEA sponsor or the person being sponsored, but did you request back your passport at any point? My husband who is my EEA sponsor needs to ask for his passport back to travel soon. But since he's making a EEA QP application at the same time as my EEA FM application, I'm worried that return of his passport will affect his application and consequently affect mine. Any idea?

yulis
Newly Registered

Post by yulis » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:17 am

coronita wrote:
yulis wrote:Long wait finally came to an end. I received all docs include EEA QP and the letter stating that Residence card will be sent separately in 10 days. See timeline below on my signature.

Hi yulis,

Congratulations on your applications! I have a few questions to which you might know the answer. I'd really appreciate some help!

For the EEA QP application, it looks like it took you almost 6 months. Was there any confirmation sent to the applicant during the process? I don't know if you are the EEA sponsor or the person being sponsored, but did you request back your passport at any point? My husband who is my EEA sponsor needs to ask for his passport back to travel soon. But since he's making a EEA QP application at the same time as my EEA FM application, I'm worried that return of his passport will affect his application and consequently affect mine. Any idea?
Hi Coronita,

Our QP+FM applications share exactly the same timeline. Having said that, we sent both application in the same envelope to HO likewise, we received the outcome for both application+passport+all supportive documents in the same envelope.

Yes, we received 2 acknowledgments from HO:
- an email to EEA national for the QP application (see timeline below)
- Certificate of Application (COA) to non-EEA for FM application was sent via post

My partner (EEA national) had to travel but luckily still within EU, so he still has his national ID to travvel with.

We did not want to take risk by getting our passport or documents back although according to applicant's experiences in this forum it did not affect their timeline at all. We were worried and always want to be in line with Home Office's advice stated on COA:
"Please do not telephone or make enquiries about the progress of the application before you hear from us unless a passport or other document is needed urgently, as this diverts resources from making decisions"

As in your case, I would suggest your husband justifies the needs when requesting his passport back.

Best wishes,

coronita

Post by coronita » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:33 am

yulis wrote:
coronita wrote:

Hi yulis,

Hi Coronita,

Our QP+FM applications share exactly the same timeline. Having said that, we sent both application in the same envelope to HO likewise, we received the outcome for both application+passport+all supportive documents in the same envelope.

- Certificate of Application (COA) to non-EEA for FM application was sent via post

My partner (EEA national) had to travel but luckily still within EU, so he still has his national ID to travvel with.

We did not want to take risk by getting our passport or documents back although according to applicant's experiences in this forum it did not affect their timeline at all. We were worried and always want to be in line with Home Office's advice stated on COA:
"Please do not telephone or make enquiries about the progress of the application before you hear from us unless a passport or other document is needed urgently, as this diverts resources from making decisions"

As in your case, I would suggest your husband justifies the needs when requesting his passport back.

Best wishes,
Hi yulis,

Thank you for your reply! What you said was exactly what I thought... I didn't want to risk the applications by asking back any passport. My partner lost his French ID and never got a new one, which is why we have no other choice than getting back his passport when he has to travel. One more thing that worries me is that he never received any email acknowledging his application. But I just received my biometric enrolment letter, does that count as acknowledgement for both our applications?

yulis
Newly Registered

Post by yulis » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:09 pm

coronita wrote:
yulis wrote:
coronita wrote: Hi yulis,

Hi Coronita,

Best wishes,
Hi yulis,

Thank you for your reply! What you said was exactly what I thought... I didn't want to risk the applications by asking back any passport. My partner lost his French ID and never got a new one, which is why we have no other choice than getting back his passport when he has to travel. One more thing that worries me is that he never received any email acknowledging his application. But I just received my biometric enrolment letter, does that count as acknowledgement for both our applications?
Hi Coronita,

No problem at all!

By process, Home Office shall send acknowledgment email to your husband. But, process is just a process there is always a possibility of fault by not sending acknowledgement email for QP one and it does not mean they don't take your husband's application - I would not worry about it as you have received the Biometric invitation plus QP application was submitted together, they can't just simply miss a big chunk of paper. Best thing to relieve yourself is knowing that they already charged £65 for each application and that's when the application is being processed and considered.

coronita

Post by coronita » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:28 pm

Hi yulis,

Thank you so much for your support! You are right. It makes sense that since I got the biometric, they must be considering my husband's application at the same time. And I checked both our application fees have been taken. So I guess I just have to be patient and not let the stress get to me. Anyways, really appreciate your help! All the best to you and your partner!

Petersh
Newly Registered

Post by Petersh » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:19 am

Hi All

I noticed some people were able to request their passports back after receiving their COA, without impacting their application negatively and then receiving the Residence Card later.

I am keen to get my passport back for urgent travel - is it wise to do so?

My Timelines for my EEA FM / Residence Card application:
11.05.2016: App sent to HO
10.06.2016:Bio sent
21.07.2016:COA work received

Thanks

Jacky25pop
Newly Registered

Post by Jacky25pop » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Hi all.
Got my documents back today.
RC follows in 10 days.

Thanks everyone. You guys are star

Jacky25pop
Newly Registered

Post by Jacky25pop » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Application posted on : 05/03/2016
Received by UKVI/HO on : 06/03/2016
Payment taken on : 08/03/2016
Bio letter received on : 29/03/2016
Biometrics Enrolled on : 31/03/2016
COA With Work : 07/04/2016
Document returned on: 06/09/2016
Resident Card Received: ???

Nazar jan123
Newly Registered

Post by Nazar jan123 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:40 pm

Hello everyone.plz I need help with my coa.
I applied for my EEA FM unmarried application in June and I submitted my biometric in July and I email for COA two weeks ago and today I received my COA. But the COA is for permanent residency card. Its saying thank you for your permanent application. but I applied for EEA FM.
What should I do now.plz help
Thanks

minttie
China

Post by minttie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:28 pm

Hi all,

When I started preparing my application back in Nov 2015, this board helped me a lot, especially those ‘self-employed spouse EEA2’ topics. I would like to share my story to contribute to this topic.

My timeline
23/01/2016 Application sent
26/01/2016 Application delivered
28/01/2016 Fee deducted
20/02/2016 Biometrics letter received (dated 18/02)
26/02/2016 Biometrics enrolled
04/03/2016 CoA (w/) received (dated 01/03)
03/05/2016 Additional documents sent
25/05/2016 Request documents back
13/06/2016 Request documents back
18/06/2016 Passport and EU ID back, marriage certificate on hold for investigation (dated 17/06)
27/06/2016 Changed address using e-form
01/08/2016 RC received (dated 20/07)
08/09/2016 Documents returned (first envelope dated 22/07 with old address, unable to deliver because ‘not called for’ on 10/08, HO received on 15/08, second envelope dated 26/08 with new address)

My husband is working for a company on self-employed basis. His business wasn't trading long enough to pay tax and NIC back in Jan 2016 so I enclosed only the evidence of registration with HMRC, invoices, bank statements, receipts of business expense, and a cover letter from HMRC stating that my husband didn't have NIC to pay back then.

He then paid the tax and NIC in Apr 2016. So I submitted additional documents to HO 4 months after the original application. I explained in the cover letter why I didn't send these new documents before, and pointed out that the evidence I sent last time was sufficient to prove my husband’s self-employment. Furthermore, I provided an accountant letter, a more formal contract from my husband’s company, explained the name change of that company, and enclosed more testimonials, updated contacts and more evidence to prove his self-employment.

I sent one copy to Durham, one copy to Liverpool. Both got returned together with the documents I submitted in the original application. One of the cover letter was labelled with barcode and stamped the date 03 JUN 2016. I can’t tell if it’s the one to Liverpool or Durham because two cover letters were put together on the top.

After I received RC, I booked a trip back home right away. I was travelling without my husband or any original documents except my passport and my RC. When I arrived alone at the UK border check in Heathrow, I wasn't asked to show the marriage certificate, luckily.

Questions that were asked at the UK border:
Where did you come from?
What’s the relationship between you and the EEA person?
What’s his nationality?
Why did you travel to that country?
Why did you travel alone?
How long was the trip?
What does your husband do in UK?

Wish everybody good luck with EEA2 application!

minttie
China

Post by minttie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:47 pm

LOL I was checking the returned documents and I found my decision letter in the middle of the pile, upside down...dated 20/07/2016

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:33 am

Applied for Non EEA family member children's residence card with valid EEA family permit on 23 February, over six months called HO on 01 September for update they took case ID and said wait some one will call you next 5 working days. No one call me and today I call again same they took details and ask last time no one call you and we put you on periority to some one call you next 5 working days. Horror able service and I need my son's passport for college enrolment.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks

pochaco

Post by pochaco » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:30 pm

I wonder when the 6-month waiting period actually starts. It's been 6 month today that they received my wife's EE2 application. Is it already overdue? Or the 6 months start from the day the money was taken or from the date on COA?

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:58 am

Ali12035 wrote:Applied for Non EEA family member children's residence card with valid EEA family permit on 23 February, over six months called HO on 01 September for update they took case ID and said wait some one will call you next 5 working days. No one call me and today I call again same they took details and ask last time no one call you and we put you on periority to some one call you next 5 working days. Horror able service and I need my son's passport for college enrolment.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks

Today I received a call from HO after 2 time
Enquiries overdue 6 months of application

Answer same;

No decision made yet on this stage wait wait and wait!!!!

Don't know how long to wait it's 6 months and 17days

Please advise

barbapapa
United Kingdom

Post by barbapapa » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:41 pm

The 6 month time is approaching for us too. What is the number to call ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:48 pm

barbapapa wrote:The 6 month time is approaching for us too. What is the number to call ?

0800 DIAL-A-PRAYER
perhaps :wink:
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Asshraf
Newly Registered

Post by Asshraf » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:09 pm

Any one apply Rc in mid of March
Any news please???

Asshraf
Newly Registered

Post by Asshraf » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:14 pm

noajthan wrote:
barbapapa wrote:The 6 month time is approaching for us too. What is the number to call ?

0800 DIAL-A-PRAYER
perhaps :wink:
Ha ha so funny....

barbapapa
United Kingdom

Post by barbapapa » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:06 pm

noajthan, a proper number would be great. Educate me if it is already indicated somewhere. thanks

Asshraf We submited our applicationon March 17th , did not get a reply yet concerning the residence card.