ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I request passport back during Naturalisation?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

onvan25
Newly Registered

Can I request passport back during Naturalisation?

Post by onvan25 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:23 pm

Hi,
I will be applying for Naturalisation soon and wanted to know whether I can request my passport (or other travel documents) back. And if yes, then when can I do that and approx. time.

Secondly, I have read in the FAQ section that if I become BC then my wife, who is a family member of an EEA citizen (me, Czech Republic), doesn't have to wait 5 years to apply for naturalization, but only 3 years. However, she needs permanent residence card, which she can only get after 5 years of marriage. Or is there a way around it so that she can apply for naturalization after 3 years of marriage?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Andy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I request passport back during Naturalisation?

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:28 pm

onvan25 wrote:Hi,
I will be applying for Naturalisation soon and wanted to know whether I can request my passport (or other travel documents) back. And if yes, then when can I do that and approx. time. Apply using NCS at the Council. They submit copies and you get to keep your original documents.

Secondly, I have read in the FAQ section that if I become BC then my wife, who is a family member of an EEA citizen (me, Czech Republic), doesn't have to wait 5 years to apply for naturalization, but only 3 years. However, she needs permanent residence card, which she can only get after 5 years of marriage. Or is there a way around it so that she can apply for naturalization after 3 years of marriage? No, there is no way around it. 5 years residence as a qualified person to get PR and then citizenship after that.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Andy
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.