ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jani12
Newly Registered

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by jani12 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:42 am

Hi All,

Any new approvals for anyone? Last we heard from 2 people getting their approval in first week of September, please share the timelines for those who have applied in April and after.

Thanks,

Jani

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:19 pm

I applied in June 2014.

Last correspondent was in September 2014.

5 years residency

Up to date No news yet.

tuathanach

Post by tuathanach » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:59 pm

dublin7777 wrote:I applied in June 2014.

Last correspondent was in September 2014.

5 years residency

Up to date No news yet.
Hi Dublin7777,

That is an extraordinary length of time. I'd imagine that the department must have found something that they want to investigate further although it does seem strange that they haven't requested anything else from you over such a long period of time. Did you disclose any previous convictions etc?

I would send them an e-mail asking for more information about why there is such a delay in your application and whether there is a way through which you can enquire about further status information?

Sushi69
Newly Registered

Post by Sushi69 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:09 pm

Hi all, i was wondering if anyone who got approval letter first week in September, paid the 950 and got sent an invitation to the 19th September ceremony???. I was hoping to attend the. Sep 19 one but i have not gotten a reply from them

amwaraich

Post by amwaraich » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:48 pm

tuathanach wrote: Hi, I'm not nearly as experienced as some of the other members on this forum but I wouldn't think that it would affect your application based on what I've read. It's good that you disclosed it and, I presume, paid the fine? 8) I think you'll be fine.
Yes. I paid fine immediately. It happened because of my ignorance of law. I thought only driving without insurance was an offence. I didn't know that even parking a vehicle on road without insurance was also an offence. It think J_Karim has a lot of knowledge about it.

@J_Karim, do you think it will be an issue with my application?

Thanks

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:06 pm

amwaraich wrote:
tuathanach wrote: Hi, I'm not nearly as experienced as some of the other members on this forum but I wouldn't think that it would affect your application based on what I've read. It's good that you disclosed it and, I presume, paid the fine? 8) I think you'll be fine.
Yes. I paid fine immediately. It happened because of my ignorance of law. I thought only driving without insurance was an offence. I didn't know that even parking a vehicle on road without insurance was also an offence. It think J_Karim has a lot of knowledge about it.

@J_Karim, do you think it will be an issue with my application?

Thanks
Well to be honest it wont impact your application but there could be possible scenarios

1. INIS might investigate further, to make sure you have no other convictions
2. If they do investigate further as this incident happened in UK, they will be checking your profile in UK and possible in Ireland.

But, through this forum and i know few people personally had no issues and no delay with their application when they disclosed their convictions.
Unfortunately, luck plays a big role in Ireland as even sometime you provide all evidences but still the officer may not be happy, many many examples in this forum or generally in our communities, so you cannot say what might happen. In my previous job i know a Asian man who applied his Naturalization and just two month before he applied , he was fined and got 4 points for overspending in Dublin N11, we had a big argument as he said he will not mention in the questioner that he was convicted included traffic offence and i told him that he need to but he didn't i know his time line very well Applied Dec 2014 , Approved May 2015 and he was in Ceremony June or July 2015(it was a Eid day) as i went with him :-), he was never asked for offence even though he was convicted. I lost my bet and had to take him for lunch.
So now i believe it's all about your Luck !

I applied in July 22 still no communication :-)

Regards

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:07 pm

amwaraich

did u enclose this offense report while u send your application in the first place?
Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:12 pm

@tuathtanach .I have written to them this year and they replied me the next day that they dont need further documents from me it is delayed bicos of my past conviction, that I. order for the minister to consider such application, it needst to wait for some time. I dont Think there's anything they r looking into. I say it's just a way of punishment. Any ways. I also applied through a solicitor.

tuathanach

Post by tuathanach » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:14 pm

dublin7777 wrote:@tuathtanach .I have written to them this year and they replied me the next day that they dont need further documents from me it is delayed bicos of my past conviction, that I. order for the minister to consider such application, it needst to wait for some time. I dont Think there's anything they r looking into. I say it's just a way of punishment. Any ways. I also applied through a solicitor.
Well, I have my fingers crossed for you that it'll come through soon. :)

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:02 pm

To all
It is important to give detail with the best of ur knowledge,this form no one should be tricky Caz your job is put ur all details and now they are their to make a fair decision.
I think if we were convicted or fined it's is something does happen to human but once you enclose the detail in the first place it's make u look an honest applicant.
They might still make a delay to give you decision but it will be fair..
So try not to hide any info Caz if they dig and they find out before u agree with them it's goes against ur way..
God almighty

Regards
J.K

amwaraich

Post by amwaraich » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:16 pm

J_Karim wrote:amwaraich

did u enclose this offense report while u send your application in the first place?
I didn't enclose it with my application because I don't have it. This incident happened in Oct 2010. But I have mentioned it in details in my cover letter.

@SouthDubliner1: Thanks for your detailed response.

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:18 pm

To
amwaraich
hey there,

If you did mention in ur cover letter thats good.
Did u fill out the form and ticked aswell?If so, u did the best thing what you could.Now u need to know one thing ,all application goes to third level to the minister and some times they hold it for long and thats usually a punishment process(if any conviction or any unlawful matter related)..if you know the mean..
To be honest having a parking ticket and a car without insurance a bit diff in their eyes..but as long u did face the consequence and give them evidence..more importantly to admit the matter in first place
even so many ppl got their citizenship even tho with a criminal offense and all.
It completely depends on the minister at that time..
Id say if u can collect ur previous record that the fine was paid..and forward them if they ask
U should not be worrying as long u never been to court..
god be with u

Regards
J.K

amwaraich

Post by amwaraich » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:25 pm

@J_Karim

This was in Magistrate's court in England. As far as I know conviction is always in the court. Outside court fine is usually called Fixed Penalty Notice. It is issued by Police/Garda. Yes, I mentioned it in the application form. I ticked relevant boxes.

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:43 pm

Look you did your part and the best way to put it to tell them or explained the situation and u already did..it may cause delay but should come out positive results..
What is the basis ur app
Did u apply on Aug 2016??

Regards
J.K

amwaraich

Post by amwaraich » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:17 pm

J_Karim wrote:Look you did your part and the best way to put it to tell them or explained the situation and u already did..it may cause delay but should come out positive results..
What is the basis ur app
Did u apply on Aug 2016??
It is based on Irish Associations (3 years Residence). My son is Irish. I have been working full time ever since I came to Ireland. I am an IT professional.

I posted my application on 11th August and it was delivered on 15th August. Just one day before the new form came out. I applied on old form.

Thanks

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:20 pm

Well now it's an wait and see game
Should recive ur acknowledgement soon.. Now a days it take over 6 to 8 weeks even..
If I were I'd register for PSC CARD just be ahead with the application
If all go well u shud get approval by December
Sooner or later u gonna get it anyways

Regards
J.K

ferocious12

Post by ferocious12 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:11 am

Hi Guys - any other applications made with new form and got acknowledgements ?

I intend to apply in the coming month but have holiday planned after 3 weeks of the planned application date so worried if I will get the passport back.

Thx

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:56 am

To ferocious12
If you follow this forum some one did apply but got it back in 2 weeks.
For you I would suggest to write cover about ur holiday and u give a copy of ur holiday ticket along with application .
Hope it helps

Regards
J.K

celiakara

Post by celiakara » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:00 am

Hi j.karim
I still keep having the same e-mail for 3weeks now.
your application is currently in advanced stage.........so I'm just wondering how long it will stay in this stage.thanks.

jani12
Newly Registered

Post by jani12 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:10 am

Hi All,

We made application for my wife back in May2016, we never received 1st acknowledgement letter from INIS. When we inquired from the department in July about the acknowledgement they told us that they have sent confirmation on 22nd June 2016 and provided us with copy of the letter via email which they sent - on that letter they entered our address incorrectly as they missed one line in the address (this was departments fault to miss the line in the address) - Later they updated the address in their records.

This morning we have received the very same letter in post again from department dated 12th September 2016, along with the letter they have enclosed the payment receipt for € 175 . This letter is very same letter which we received from them via email that was issued on 22nd of June 2016.

My question is , do you know what could be the reason for them issuing the same letter again with September date? We are worried if the case has been re-queued with this acknowledgement? Timeline is below:

Bases: 3 years Irish Spouse
Applied: 28.05.2016
Document Received: 1.06.2016
1st Letter: 22.06.2016 (Received via email never received this in post)
1st Letter: 12.09.2016 (Received in post)

Thanks,
Jani

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:35 am

Dear Jani

its very simple. INIS has to keep the postal record for all major communication with applicant. acknowledgement of application is big step as you might need proof in future for legal fight with them.

you did not get by post in first place so they send you again to complete the formality of sending application acknowledgement letter by post

amwaraich

Post by amwaraich » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:29 am

J_Karim wrote:Well now it's an wait and see game
Should recive ur acknowledgement soon.. Now a days it take over 6 to 8 weeks even..
If I were I'd register for PSC CARD just be ahead with the application
If all go well u shud get approval by December
Sooner or later u gonna get it anyways
Thanks J_Karim. I already got my PSC card.

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:54 am

After long wait Finally got the Acknowledgment Letter my timeline as follows
Application posted :22 July 2016
Application received by INIS : 25 July 2016
1st Letter (Acknowledgment): 14th September 2016
Application based on 5yrs residence on EUfam

Best of luck to other in same situation

tuathanach

Post by tuathanach » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:29 pm

SouthDubliner1 wrote:After long wait Finally got the Acknowledgment Letter my timeline as follows
Application posted :22 July 2016
Application received by INIS : 25 July 2016
1st Letter (Acknowledgment): 14th September 2016
Application based on 5yrs residence on EUfam

Best of luck to other in same situation
Yay! Well done SouthDubliner1! It was indeed a long wait but it's done now and it's acknowledged! :)

namani
Newly Registered

Post by namani » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:00 pm

Hi
I am planing to send my application with New Application form (aug2016). under 5 year residency.

They are asking for Three different proofs of residence for each year of residence claimed but I don't have 3 address proof for each addresses for the last 5 years. Because I lived in 7 different addresses.

Any suggestions what should I do ?