ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - is UK NARIC certificate a MUST

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ranganathan_natraj
Newly Registered

British Citizenship - is UK NARIC certificate a MUST

Post by ranganathan_natraj » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:20 pm

I got my ILR in April 2015 and at that time, to prove knowledge of English, I just submitted by Indian Bachelor degree certificate [ taught in English] & the PBS calculator printout.
Now I am planning to apply for British Citizenship. I see that just submitting Indian bachelor degree certificate [ taught in english] will not suffice. It seems I need a certificate from UK NARIC 'Visa and Nationality service'. Is this compulsory?
Also as PBS Calculator is no longer available, is getting my degree authorized via UK NARIC the only option?

Ranganathan

noajthan

Re: British Citizenship - is UK NARIC certificate a MUST

Post by noajthan » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:01 pm

No, you can submit a SELT (pass).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

arc321
Newly Registered

Post by arc321 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:35 pm

I'd say going for the SELT test is likely to be a faster option. If you get a test date soon enough, that is.

Cheers.

Alfred Boyle

Post by Alfred Boyle » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:56 am

every university has to provide the medium of instruction and they will provide in an official letter head which you can give it to UK NARIC. its a simple process if you visit the university or have someone go on behalf you. some indian unversities has even made these processes online. so better checking your university website. if none is possible, do a B1 SELT. It costs money £150. but you can easily pass. reference here http://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=3220