ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Email received 9 weeks after spouse Visa Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gunner786
Mood:
United Kingdom

Email received 9 weeks after spouse Visa Application

Post by Gunner786 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:10 pm

I have got this email today. Its been 9 weeks already. Should i ve worried.

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

Gunner786
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Email received 9 weeks after spouse Visa Application

Post by Gunner786 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:09 pm

Got a phone call today asking me about my employment. Answered them as much as i knew. But i've got a feeling thatbi didnt do good enough. My employers were closed today so they couldnt answer the phone. Will that be a problem?

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:56 pm

ECO will call your employer again. You should let them know that they might get a call from Sheffield from unknown number so be ready to attend this call ..normally they match the answers of sponsor with answer of employers.. I am sure they would have asked questions like when you started your job? How you got this job? who else working with you? who took your interview? names of people in office/work place? Salary? How your office/business look like and what others business exist nearby, etc etc :D

Gunner786
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Gunner786 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:51 pm

The problem is when they rang i was sleping so answered their questions half asleep. Even got the wifes dob year wrong before correcting it after 2mins.

If it gets rejected now cos of fhis phone call and i have to apply again. Will this application and the reasons for this refusal have a bearing on it?

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:11 am

Gunner786 wrote:The problem is when they rang i was sleping so answered their questions half asleep. Even got the wifes dob year wrong before correcting it after 2mins.

If it gets rejected now cos of fhis phone call and i have to apply again. Will this application and the reasons for this refusal have a bearing on it?
Many people get confuse over the phone and tell date of birth or date of marriage wrong..you at least corrected it later on. Did she said anything when you corrected it? Its too early to think about refusal..stay positive as you might get approval if your all others documents are correct and you did employment related question correctly

Gunner786
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Gunner786 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:50 am

Apart from.dob i got a few answers wrong about my employers too. Etc how many ppl work in the office and their names and my job duties.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:42 am

Gunner786 wrote:Apart from.dob i got a few answers wrong about my employers too. Etc how many ppl work in the office and their names and my job duties.
Understandable that you gave the wrong DOB for your wife, but surely even though half asleep you should know what your job duties are? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Gunner786
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Gunner786 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:24 am

Job duties i muddled up lol. Went to sleep 2 hours before. Only told them 2-3 of my duties out of 5-6 cos got under pressure and mind went blank.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:48 pm

Gunner786 wrote:Apart from.dob i got a few answers wrong about my employers too. Etc how many ppl work in the office and their names and my job duties.
I have attended this interview recently and i was also sleeping when got call from unknown numbers lol so i know how it feel to attend this interrogation in the middle of your sleep after doing night shifts..they ask question after question and dont even let you breathe lol but i was expecting this but still got some weid questions..I dont even understand the reason of interview for employment when they can easily track and verify bank statement /hmrc tax record so you should know that interview is just one part of verfication process to clear their doubts..just wait and see what happen as no use of crying over split milk now

Gunner786
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Gunner786 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:24 pm

Any idea how long they take after the phone call for a decision? My wife still hasnt received a call in pakistan yet to collect her passport,
Am.i.correct in assuming that they phone her to.collect her passport or do they send a message? No emails received yet too so could be good news cos i hesrd if they reject it cos of the interview they reject it straight away