ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employee/Director Salary

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Employee/Director Salary

Post by babaty2k02 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi Gurus and others,

My Tier 1 Extension is by November and I am just trying to cover all the grey areas that I am not I am not 100% on.

i am an employee on the company with irregular payment pattern.

In year 1, I got a salary of £1600, and in year 2 I received a total salary of £2600. I had invested as it shows in the accounts just about 53,000 (direct transfer from personal to business account - 5 installments). In the accounts there was nowhere that shows Directors Salary in the expenses section, instead Employees Salary.
Will the salary received by me as an employee of the company be deducted from the claimed Directors Loan Account (making it lower than £50K)? If so, what should i do, as my 3rd year account had been prepared. Thanks for your contributions/advises.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Employee/Director Salary

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:26 pm

Salary is taxable and director's loan repayment is NOT. If a company owes you money as a director, it makes no sense to withdraw salary and pay taxes.
Generally, HO will ignore any money you paid yourself from your investment for award of points.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:30 pm

zimba88 wrote:Salary is taxable and director's loan repayment is NOT. If a company owes you money as a director, it makes no sense to withdraw salary and pay taxes.
Generally, HO will ignore any money you paid yourself from your investment for award of points.
So am fine as it is right now @ Zimba? No need to re invest the 'shortage'?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:26 am

Did your company make any money or did you pay yourself from the money invested ??
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:20 pm

zimba88 wrote:Did your company make any money or did you pay yourself from the money invested ??
Money do come in in form of payment for services from Clients, and the employee/director salary is not regular (not monthly)