ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Main + Dependent Applicant(in India)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pateamrsh
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Main + Dependent Applicant(in India)

Post by pateamrsh » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:44 am

Hi Guys,

Could someone please let me know if this would be okay?

I am applying for Tier 2 General Visa. I wanted to check if I can apply for my wife and child's dependent visa after getting my visa and before flying to UK. Basically while i am in India, I want to apply for my wife and child's dependent visa. Once I get my visa, I would have 30 days to go to UK. In that 30 days, is it possible to apply for my wife and child's dependent visa? If yes, are there any specific documents that I need to do it this way? I assume documents needed for my wife and child's dependent visa would be same as what I would need if we apply together from India. Also, if no, please start the reason why I shouldn't do it this way. To me it looks okay.

Reason for doing it this way is
1) I dont want to apply together. I want to get my visa and then once I get my visa I want to apply for my wife and child's visa. I also dont want to wait to apply for my wife's and child's dependent visa till i am in UK.
2) My wife and child will fly 2-3 weeks later than me, so doing it this way would mean their 30 days visa would start few weeks later than me. If we apply together our 30 days visa would start together and that would give me less time to plan things in UK.
3) Also, I wont have to furnish additional documents like tenancy agreement and payslips, if I apply for my wife and childs dependent visa while I am still in India.

Please suggest. Expert advice would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Ams.

pateamrsh
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General Main + Dependent Applicant(in India)

Post by pateamrsh » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:12 am

Could someone please respond quickly? Everything is hanging on this. Need your urgent help. Please, appreciate if someone could clarify.

Ams.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:08 pm

If you apply together you can ask HO/UKVI to date the dependents visa for a later date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pateamrsh
Newly Registered

Post by pateamrsh » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Thanks a lot for your response.

Could you please let me know how/where do we do that? Do we mention that somewhere when filling the online application??

Ams.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:21 pm

Yes, in the form 'intended date of travel' and then add a note in 'additional information' or submit a covering letter with a clear request.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pateamrsh
Newly Registered

Post by pateamrsh » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:15 pm

So main applicant's and dependent's intended date of travelling could be different...right? So then, about the question that "Will your spouse/partner be travelling with you?" should I answer Yes or the answer should be No because she will travel alone later.

Ams.