ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

self sufficient eea

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asusblack1
Newly Registered

self sufficient eea

Post by asusblack1 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:48 am

How much is needed to prove self sufficient criteria?
My wife is french national. I have 5 year permit non eea citizen from pakistain

She has been out of employment after I recieved my 5 year permit.. but by December 2016, she will have part time job in my cousin company.

My permit experies in 2020.

What is the best thing for me to do?

We are financially very strong,, I mean I can have £ 20,000 in my wife account in 2019... .

We only taking child benefit. No other benefit. At all

I am very worried she has been not exercising her treaty rights since may 2015 until now

Plz advise

secret.simon

Re: self sufficient eea

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:42 am

For starters, self-sufficiency requires Comprehensive Sickness Insurance, essentially private health insurance for the EEA citizen and any family members dependent on him/her.

So, if your wife did not have CSI for the entire period for which she claims self-sufficiency, her PR clock (and yours) will have stopped.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

asusblack1
Newly Registered

Post by asusblack1 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:46 am

Ok. Any other option

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:24 pm

asusblack1 wrote:Ok. Any other option
If sponsor is not a qualified person then neither she nor you have much right to remain and reside in UK at the moment.
With all the wild talk of Brexit you may wish to address that asap.

If spouse/sponsor starts work later in year then your PR clock (for her and for you) will start then.
In the old days that would mean work 5 years and PR would be acquired.
Ofcourse its now unlikely that anyone starting from zero (as you are) has got 5 years to acquire PR - due to Brexit in a few years time.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.