ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS and Life in the UK Certificates LOST

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KATYARE
Newly Registered

IELTS and Life in the UK Certificates LOST

Post by KATYARE » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:43 am

Hi everyone! This is my first time to post.

I'll be applying for British Citizenship next month (October). My problem is, I lost my IELTS and Life in the UK certificates when we relocated from London to the South of England. Albeit, those documents were already presented to the Home Office when I applied for my ILR (I entered UK via Migrant Tier 2 - General route), I understand that I still need to support the same for my British Citizenship application this time, however, as I lost them, would it be safe for me to proceed with my application?

I'm really looking forward to read some reply, as this has been bothering me for quite a while. Any insight will be highly appreciated. It will be very helpful for me. Pleaseee!

Thank you and have a good day!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IELTS and Life in the UK Certificates LOST

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:26 am

Have you looked at the form AN yet to see the boxes you can tick?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:04 am

KATYARE wrote:Hi everyone! This is my first time to post.

I'll be applying for British Citizenship next month (October). My problem is, I lost my IELTS and Life in the UK certificates when we relocated from London to the South of England. Albeit, those documents were already presented to the Home Office when I applied for my ILR (I entered UK via Migrant Tier 2 - General route), I understand that I still need to support the same for my British Citizenship application this time, however, as I lost them, would it be safe for me to proceed with my application?

I'm really looking forward to read some reply, as this has been bothering me for quite a while. Any insight will be highly appreciated. It will be very helpful for me. Pleaseee!

Thank you and have a good day!
HO may be able to retrieve LITUK test result.
Some proof of having done test (where/when) probably required to do this.

SELT is only £150 - save yourself the stress and get it done.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

longhorn

Post by longhorn » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:08 pm

noajthan wrote:
HO may be able to retrieve LITUK test result.
Some proof of having done test (where/when) probably required to do this.

SELT is only £150 - save yourself the stress and get it done.
Well LITUK is even cheaper. Why not get LITUK done as well and mention that you have lost both so you have retaken ? Like Noajthan said, save yourself stress and get it done. :)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:07 pm

longhorn wrote:Well LITUK is even cheaper. Why not get LITUK done as well and mention that you have lost both so you have retaken ? Like Noajthan said, save yourself stress and get it done. :)
And then scan and keep copies of everything - for ever.

KATYARE
Newly Registered

Post by KATYARE » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:43 am

Thanks for your reply, guys!

Thankfully though, my question was answered by reading the application guidelines itself. And that is, since I applied for my ILR just last year (and that's after 28 October 2013), then I don't need to support originals or copies of IELTS and LitUK, as both were already compulsory requirements in the ILR from this date onward .

BYE!

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:56 pm

LIUK needs to be submitted even if met for ILR. The application form clearly specifies original LIUK needs to be submitted.

For English B1, my other half met the requirement for ILR after 28 October 2013 and was asked to provide the certificate at the NCS even though on application form it was just a tick box.

A number of people have applied and then asked for the evidence of English B1 by HO.

However for lost certificates you may or may not be OK. Home Office should have records but best to contact them to confirm.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:58 pm

KATYARE wrote:Thanks for your reply, guys!

Thankfully though, my question was answered by reading the application guidelines itself. And that is, since I applied for my ILR just last year (and that's after 28 October 2013), then I don't need to support originals or copies of IELTS and LitUK, as both were already compulsory requirements in the ILR from this date onward .

BYE!
This is HO you are dealing with, don't take anything for granted; expect the unexpected.

Supporting evidence may still be required and/or requested.
Don't rely on caseworker to go poking around in cellars of HO HQ looking for your old bundle.

KATYARE
Newly Registered

Post by KATYARE » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:31 pm

Hi, guys!

Just to give you an update. I pushed through with my British citizenship application despite my lost IELTS and Life in the UK certificates. I included a cover letter in my application explaining the circumstances. I sent my application through post on the 21st of October. Had my Biometric done in our local post office on 29th of October. And on the 12th of December, I got all my documents back with an APPROVAL letter dated 8 December. I will be attending my citizenship ceremony this 28th of December.

Thank you guys!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:18 pm

KATYARE wrote:Hi, guys!

Just to give you an update. I pushed through with my British citizenship application despite my lost IELTS and Life in the UK certificates. I included a cover letter in my application explaining the circumstances. I sent my application through post on the 21st of October. Had my Biometric done in our local post office on 29th of October. And on the 12th of December, I got all my documents back with an APPROVAL letter dated 8 December. I will be attending my citizenship ceremony this 28th of December.

Thank you guys!
Super.
Fortune favours the bold.