ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline for British Passport for baby born in india

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amitbalaji
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Timeline for British Passport for baby born in india

Post by amitbalaji » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:19 pm

Hello,
Please can someone share their timeline for British Passport for baby born in india?

We applied in person form VfS Kolkata in May 1st week and there is not much progress yet.
In August 2nd week I received an e-mail from New Delhi office for more pictures which we promptly replied with the pics.
Since then there is no communication whatsoever. All I get to hear is "Undergoing Overseas Security checks".

Application has now entered in it's 20th week and we feel extremely frustrated. Please can someone suggest is there something we can do to expedite this?

I believe this is gross Human Rights Violation been committed by HMPO on hundreds if not thousands of applicants who choose to suffer in silence.
Feel so helpless and have no idea what can we do?

Any helpful suggestion will be most welcome.

Thanks
Amit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Timeline for British Passport for baby born in india

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:46 pm

Oh please!! No human rights violation here.

It is a well known fact that ALL overseas passports are processed in the UK and that applications from India can take 6-12 months.

CoE or RoA would probably have been quicker.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amitbalaji
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by amitbalaji » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:37 pm

my wife attended the interview at VFS Kolkata. Interview lasted for 47 minutes over the phone. Does anyone knows how long it takes after the interview to know the result.
One strange question they asked 2 times that if we are ok for the DNA test? My wife replied 'Yes' but not sure why they asked this question

Thanks
Amit

amitbalaji
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by amitbalaji » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:59 pm

moderators any idea? is this normal question or will they ask a report?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:54 am

Yes, people are asked for DNA, especially if unmarried, if baby was born before marriage or probably if parents live apart in different countries.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.