ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Fiancee visa VS Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

UK Fiancee visa VS Spouse visa

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:33 am

Good morning,
As everyone knows that spouse visa involves now too much cost and struggle but how about fiancee visa? Is the fiancee visa easier to get than spouse visa in terms of cost & process? What documents & process difference between them?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: UK Fiancee visa VS Spouse visa

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:13 am

The Fiance visa requires the same documented evidence of income/relationship/accommodation etc as the spouse visa. Proof of a wedding in planning is an additional requirement. A Fiance visa has a higher cost as it requires 2 separate visa applications. That's unless of course you weigh up the cost of air fares to marry outside of the UK.

1. Submit fiance visa application. £1195
2. Marry within 6 months in the UK
3. After the wedding submit FLR(M) application before the 6 month expiry of the fiance visa. £811 (postal) or £1311 (in person). Pay £500 NHS surcharge

Postal applications take up to 3 months to process and the spouse will be unable to work until the FLR(M) visa is granted.
Applications submitted in person as a PSC for the premium fee are generally decided on the same day.

Fiance visa - https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview

FLR(M) - https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/overview
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.