ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse settlement visa processing times and stages - India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coorgi

Spouse settlement visa processing times and stages - India

Post by coorgi » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:21 am

Hi there,

I applied for my wife spouse settlement visa from Chennai, India on 08/08 and would like to understand the stages of processing. I recently made an enquiry online with the email form asking for status of the application and I got this response from them Thank you for contacting the United Kingdom Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service. In regards to the escalation matter which was put forward, It results that the application has reached our office and is under process.. What I am not clear is that the visa gets processed by Chennai BHC or the passport is sent to UK for processing? Anyone able to help suggest at what stage of the process is the application at the moment based on their response?

Any response would be much helpful because we had been away from each other for close to 6 months. I am planning to visit in the next couple of weeks but if its in the final stages of visa then I may wait to hear. Please help, I couldn't find any relevant posts on this. Many thanks

coorgi

Re: Spouse settlement visa processing times and stages - Ind

Post by coorgi » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:58 pm

Any insight would be really helpful. Please help throw some light. Many thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:51 pm

It would be impossible to say at what stage of the processing process your wife's application has reached. However published statistics (July) show that most spouse settlement visa applications submitted in Chennai are decided within 60 days.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice ... settlement
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

coorgi

Post by coorgi » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:29 pm

Thanks for replying. I tried to contact UKVI with the same questions and now this time they have come back saying "no update found", wish they had more transparent process and tracking.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:56 pm

coorgi wrote:Thanks for replying. I tried to contact UKVI with the same questions and now this time they have come back saying "no update found", wish they had more transparent process and tracking.
Just imagine if every person applying for a visa constantly pesters them for an update if it were more 'transparent'. You would be waiting substantially longer for visas then.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.