ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Citizen with EU unmarried partner - Which form route?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

whoisthis1981
Newly Registered

UK Citizen with EU unmarried partner - Which form route?

Post by whoisthis1981 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:40 am

Hello all,

I am British and have moved back to the UK with my unmarried partner of 2 years + and need to make her official here. She is from the EU.

The EEA (FM) form seems to be closet to what I want, but it I thought that there might be a form which focuses on when someone (me) is from the UK and has the partner from the EU.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

noajthan

Re: UK Citizen with EU unmarried partner - Which form route?

Post by noajthan » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:18 am

whoisthis1981 wrote:Hello all,

I am British and have moved back to the UK with my unmarried partner of 2 years + and need to make her official here. She is from the EU.

The EEA (FM) form seems to be closet to what I want, but it I thought that there might be a form which focuses on when someone (me) is from the UK and has the partner from the EU.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!
For unmarried, its EEA(EFM).
And unless you've done Surinder Singh your partner needs to apply in own right (not sponsored by you).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:17 pm

As you are British your partner needs to be exercising treaty rights in her own rights. If she doesn't work but is here supported by you she is self sufficient. If this is the case, or she is a student, then she needs comprehensive sickness insurance.

Unless you used Surinder Singh it's form EEA QP.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:09 pm

Noetic wrote:Unless you used Surinder Singh it's form EEA QP.
The OP probably won't actually have used Surinder Singh yet. That starts with EEA(EFM). Of course, if they've been living together for two years in another EEA country, the OP probably has met the conditions for Surinder Singh.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:16 pm

Richard W wrote:
Noetic wrote:Unless you used Surinder Singh it's form EEA QP.
The OP probably won't actually have used Surinder Singh yet. That starts with EEA(EFM). Of course, if they've been living together for two years in another EEA country, the OP probably has met the conditions for Surinder Singh.
Since OP's partner is an EEA citizen it would be stupid to make a non genuine (the majority of cases on the forums seem to be pretend eg relocating to avoid UK immigration rules) SS sojourn surely.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:29 pm

SS starts in abroad.
But agreed no point for a BC to sponsor a Union citizen except for some unusual reason.
Perhaps Accidental SS;
or perhaps EEA has no intention of exercising rights in UK.

No point second guessing; if OP's still engaged they will elaborate.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.