ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

student visa and ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:24 pm

thirdwave wrote:
hypegal3 wrote:Helped alot thanks guys. So if he is successful in obtaining a ILR, would we get it too?
I don`t think dependants can be included under an ILR application based on the 10 year rule..I think you`ll have to qualify on your own accord.
Yes. that's true. Your mum will have to simultaneously submit a spouse visa (and if being done by post, enclose a covering letter) and add you as a dependent. Your brother can be registered british straight after your dad gets ILR.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:30 pm

Well, your mum doesn't "have" to apply for a spouse visa. That is one way to get your ILR. When did you arrive in the country?

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:33 pm

paulp wrote:
thirdwave wrote:
hypegal3 wrote:Helped alot thanks guys. So if he is successful in obtaining a ILR, would we get it too?
I don`t think dependants can be included under an ILR application based on the 10 year rule..I think you`ll have to qualify on your own accord.
Yes. that's true. Your mum will have to simultaneously submit a spouse visa (and if being done by post, enclose a covering letter) and add you as a dependent. Your brother can be registered british straight after your dad gets ILR.
I didn't know that this was possible (just thinking) but the SV had to be applied for after ILR have been approved for dad. With your suggestion, mom has to include a fee for her application but that would cover the dependant isn't it?
I am due for my shortly and I was thinking of doing the wife's own after ILR has been granted.
Praise The Lord!!!!

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:03 pm

jes2jes wrote:I didn't know that this was possible (just thinking) but the SV had to be applied for after ILR have been approved for dad. With your suggestion, mom has to include a fee for her application but that would cover the dependant isn't it?
I am due for my shortly and I was thinking of doing the wife's own after ILR has been granted.
Yeah, both mom and hypegal have continuing leave so they don't need to do a simultaneous application.

The problem is that 10-year ILR don't allow dependents. So, they can each apply for ILR (3x ILR fees) or (2x ILR + 1x spouse).

hypegal3

Post by hypegal3 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:14 pm

Thats something to think about, but yeah mom has 2 yrs left and I have 3 yrs left till 10 yrs. With all this in mind remeber it could also be refused.
there 4 u

Sweethina99

Post by Sweethina99 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:49 pm

can u tell us when ur mom wrote to the queen and when she got a reply from her and what was in that reply...
details are requested as it may help some of the members here..
thanks..