ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return ticket

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Return ticket

Post by david1955 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:10 pm

Hi,
My Inlaws are planning to visit us in the month of october. However they haven't booked there return ticket as there date is not confirmed .

Do immigration officers at the airport ask to see the return ticket or is return ticket mandatory?

In there application form they mentioned they will be visiting uk for a period of 3 weeks now there plan has changed and that can be between 5 or 6 weeks , will that be a problem if they stay for 6 weeks. Do immigration officer at the airport have access to what they have mentioned on there application form i.e 3 weeks?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Return ticket

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:38 pm

1. Yes it will be a problem if they stay longer than the original requested time, affecting future visitor visa applications.
2. The IO may well ask to see a return ticket, especially as return tickets are generally cheaper than 2 x single tickets. This may flag up as a potential overstay.
3. The IO has access through the Border Control system to all data relevant to the application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:52 pm

david1955 wrote:Hi,
My Inlaws are planning to visit us in the month of october. However they haven't booked there return ticket as there date is not confirmed .

Do immigration officers at the airport ask to see the return ticket or is return ticket mandatory?

In there application form they mentioned they will be visiting uk for a period of 3 weeks now there plan has changed and that can be between 5 or 6 weeks , will that be a problem if they stay for 6 weeks. Do immigration officer at the airport have access to what they have mentioned on there application form i.e 3 weeks?
Other members have encountered or reported problems when they or relatives stay longer than originally stated even if less than 6 months.
Its all about credibility when making subsequent applications.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:36 am

Thanks for your reply. Cleared my doubt.