ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong date stamped at the Paris airport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nextinline
Newly Registered

Wrong date stamped at the Paris airport

Post by nextinline » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:00 am

Hi,

I am working through my application and discovered that there is a mistake of 1 day in the immigration stamp. The immigration officer at Paris airport stamped 21/06/2016 instead of 22/06/2016. I didn't check it then but only just realised the mistake. How can I get this resolved ? I tried ringing French embassy in London but there is no answer. Do I have to write to French foreign office and make them aware of the issue or am i thinking too much ?

Has anybody had this experience earlier ? Moderators, I am looking forward for your suggestions as you might have dealt with a scenario like this in the past

Thanks,
J

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Wrong date stamped at the Paris airport

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:18 pm

What will you use the stamp for? To prove your days out of the UK?
Trying to find the right department in the French Interior Ministry is likely very frustrating and time consuming. And getting anything changed will be even more complicated. I have French colleagues who complain constantly about the French civil service ... Your ticket or boarding pass is probably better than getting anything changed in your passport, or getting a letter from France.

nextinline
Newly Registered

Post by nextinline » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:29 pm

alterhase58 wrote:What will you use the stamp for? To prove your days out of the UK?
Trying to find the right department in the French Interior Ministry is likely very frustrating and time consuming. And getting anything changed will be even more complicated. I have French colleagues who complain constantly about the French civil service ... Your ticket or boarding pass is probably better than getting anything changed in your passport, or getting a letter from France.
Yes, as we need to declare the number of days we have been out of UK. I agree doing anything with the authorities is time consuming and stressful but was only trying to understand whats the best way to deal with it given my situation. Ultimately, truth prevails and mistakes by staff are common so I agree that providing a cover letter with some supporting documentation is simple.

Moderators comments are valuable here as they might have come across this in the past .

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:43 pm

I haven't.

However, if you are able to contact the right department, how are you going to prove that the passport has the wrong date stamp? :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:44 pm

How significant is the one day difference?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nextinline
Newly Registered

Post by nextinline » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:26 pm

Thanks guys.

I am only trying to understand how to deal with this problem and if there is any standard procedure in place to deal with such discrepancies. Given the responses, it is clear that there is no standard way to deal with situations like this as its a thing of the past and a clerical mistake. I have the boarding passes and tickets with me so I will most likely write a covering letter and attach all the documents along with the application. I am thinking that should be sufficient.

Yes, the difference is only a day but its also about doing the homework to understand if everything is as expected and proactively provide a letter or some evidence to show that its not your fault. Having said that I am well below the 90 day limit for an year and the 450 day limit for the past 5 years :)

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:26 pm

I wouldn't worry about this too much as HO will have their own source of validating this travel dates. If you physically travelled on 22nd then it should definitely be recorded in Airline internal systems. I read somewhere on this forum that HO do get information from airlines about travel history.

What you should NOT be doing though is mentioning incorrect dates just to match passport stamping.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:27 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nextinline
Newly Registered

Post by nextinline » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:42 am

Thanks everyone for taking time to answer my question and I hope it won't be a problem but I am ready to face it as I have got all the necessary evidence.

And for vinny, I dont take your comment mate. Its quite easy to ridicule or downplay somebody's problem but its my personal issue. Every issue is important for me and I am using this forum to try and get the answers for them. I will leave it here to respect the sanctity of this forum but comments like this are not helpful.

Human
United Kingdom

Post by Human » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:29 pm

I had a similar issue with a holiday in Myanmar. the immigration officer in Burma did the same thing . It is just 1 day and doesn't matter at all. Get over it :D :D

We all worry too much sometimes and waste our time on trivial things and its human nature. If I was you , I would have accepted Vinny's comment IMHO it is just "straight talking" and not offensive. On a funny note , this shows how We got used to British PC / "sugar coating" , having lived so much time in the UK and we no longer can stand with straightforwardness.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:45 pm

Human wrote:I had a similar issue with a holiday in Myanmar. the immigration officer in Burma did the same thing . It is just 1 day and doesn't matter at all. Get over it :D :D

We all worry too much sometimes and waste our time on trivial things and its human nature. If I was you , I would have accepted Vinny's comment IMHO it is just "straight talking" and not offensive. On a funny note , this shows how We got used to British PC / "sugar coating" , having lived so much time in the UK and we no longer can stand with straightforwardness.
+1

An important element of assimilation and integration into society is dealing with its quirks and nuances, including British stoicism and the bulldog spirit.

Keep calm and carry on.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

nextinline
Newly Registered

Post by nextinline » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:18 pm

I value this forum and the good work carried out by the moderators but sometimes a written message doesn't come across in the same tone as its intended to the person it is aimed at.

Anyways, I have got over it . Thanks guys :D !