ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Statement of Comparability and English Language Assesment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sharmaalok000
Newly Registered

Statement of Comparability and English Language Assesment

Post by sharmaalok000 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:05 pm

Hi,

I found one previous post on immigration board that English language assessment certificate from NARIC is not adequate for naturalisation purpose. I have MTech degree in computer science. To apply for naturalisation, I am planning to get Statement of Comparability and English Language Assessment from NARIC.

Is it correct way or do I need to take required level of English test?

Post mentioning problem with certificate provided by NARIC -
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 60277.html

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Statement of Comparability and English Language Assesmen

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:18 pm

That post/topic is from 2014. Rules and things have changed since then. NARIC ELA is required for foreign degrees OR you can do B1 English test is you wish to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sharmaalok000
Newly Registered

Post by sharmaalok000 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:17 pm

Thanks CR001 to confirm it.

sharmaalok000
Newly Registered

Post by sharmaalok000 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi

I have one more doubt that do I need these documents (Stmt of Comparability and EAL) at all?

I got my ILR in April 2015 and I fulfilled English language requirement by my MTech degree and my university was listed on PBS calculator.

There is following option in AN form in "Knowledge of language/life in the UK" Section:

Or
I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013;

So can I just tick this option and no need to get SOC and EAL from NARIC?

Any help/advice would be highly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance

javinprabu
Newly Registered

Post by javinprabu » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:47 pm

sharmaalok000 wrote:Hi

I have one more doubt that do I need these documents (Stmt of Comparability and EAL) at all?

I got my ILR in April 2015 and I fulfilled English language requirement by my MTech degree and my university was listed on PBS calculator.

There is following option in AN form in "Knowledge of language/life in the UK" Section:

Or
I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013;

Thanks in advance
Hi Shamaalok000...
You may want to refer to the below thread for your query, especially the good explanation by WR1 in that thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 02110.html

I'm choosing the same option and NOT attaching NARIC certificate. I'm taking my chances and worst case if they ask for it, i will be writing to (and shaming) them saying "how come then you approved 3 of my Tier-1 applications including renewals and an ILR application which i filed in 2015?"

Regards...Prabu

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:55 pm

javinprabu wrote:
sharmaalok000 wrote:Hi

Or
28th October 2013;

Thanks in advance
Hi Shamaalok000...
You may want to refer to the below thread for your query, especially the good explanation by WR1 in that thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 02110.html

I'm choosing the same option and NOT attaching NARIC certificate. I'm taking my chances and worst case if they ask for it, i will be writing to (and shaming) them saying "how come then you approved 3 of my Tier-1 applications including renewals and an ILR application which i filed in 2015?"

Regards...Prabu
I'm going to be retracting the statement I made in the other post. Technically, what I have stated is correct, but this does not play out as it should with the Home Office.

After applying, the home Office have known to ask to provide the evidence again for English even though it was met for ILR after 28 October 2013 (as with CR001's post below my post). My other half was asked to provide this at the NCS appointment.

Shouldn't be an issue for those that have English B1 certificate that is no longer on the current SELT list as my other half just had her application approved with using the Cambridge ESOL B1 she used for ILR (submitted again for naturalisation)

However, I cannot comment for those who have a overseas degrees that used a PBS printout as PBS is no longer accepted, only UK NARIC.

As for submitting evidence again, its probably a time consuming process for a caseworker to go down to the Home Office archive located in some cellar trying to find your old bundles of previous applications to dig out the evidence of English again to confirm. Then multiply that with the sheer number of applications HO receives. Its more convenient for HO to ask for the evidence again.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided