ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR general to shortage occupation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karthiyegga

Tier 2 to ILR general to shortage occupation

Post by karthiyegga » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:54 pm

I am on my extended tier 2 general visa and qualify for ILR application next year. I did not apply for shortage occupation when extending my visa. My job now qualifies for shortage occupation code under 2136 for the new rule as senior developer with 5 year experience. Am I exempt from the minimum salary threshold while applying?

karthiyegga

Re: Tier 2 to ILR general to shortage occupation

Post by karthiyegga » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:35 am

pls can any help on this? thanks

Rambo_ILR
India

Post by Rambo_ILR » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:53 am

Do you know when your job code was added to shortage occupation list? Was it before or after your tier 2 application approval?

If it’s added after your approval I think you may be ok to apply ILR under shortage occupation list. Can you let know what your gross annual salary and number of working

karthiyegga

Post by karthiyegga » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:46 pm

It was added before my tier 2 general extension. But I din not apply via that route,

HarryJones

Post by HarryJones » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:59 pm

I guess that the annual salary of a senior developer should be more than 35K.. so there should not be any problem for you.

karthiyegga

Post by karthiyegga » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:43 am

due to some issues, if not is it alright to state the job as shortage ocucpation while applying ILR?