ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Naric Letter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vickey123
Newly Registered

UK Naric Letter

Post by vickey123 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:56 pm

Hello,

Firstly I was granted two and half years flr(m) spouse visa in 2014. That time I passed b1 certificate to prove my english proficieny. Now I am going to apply for the extension of flr(m) spouse visa at the end of this year.

I have master degree from a pakistani university and my master degree was taught in english language. I want to use this degree to get exemption from english lanuage proficiency requirements.
Can you please advise me that what letters do I need from my pakistani university to show to uk naric to get the exemption? Please advise me in details.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Naric Letter

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:27 pm

You need to apply for UK NARIC English Language Assessment (ELA). It is not 'an exemption from English' if you have a degree. The degree and NARIC ELA is the 'meeting the English language requirement'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:38 am

itsmylife wrote:@@ noajthan Any update on the above comment?
The devil is always in the detail.
Official website is quite clear.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

vickey123
Newly Registered

Post by vickey123 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:14 pm

Thanks cr001 for your reply.

As I said before that my MA postgraduate degree was taught in english language in a pakistani university. In order to confirm this, what should be written on my university letter? I mean that can you please advise me the exact draft about this letter?

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:08 pm

CR001 wrote:You need to apply for UK NARIC English Language Assessment (ELA). It is not 'an exemption from English' if you have a degree. The degree and NARIC ELA is the 'meeting the English language requirement'.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vickey123
Newly Registered

Post by vickey123 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:51 pm

Hi,

I am going to apply for extension of flrm spouse visa next month. I am meeting the requirement of english language through my degree from pakistan because it was a master degree that was taught in english. On the uk naric website, there are two routes. One is blue route and second is red route. Can anyone please advise me that which route should I follow?
Thanks.

vickey123
Newly Registered

Post by vickey123 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:33 pm

CR001 wrote:You need to apply for UK NARIC English Language Assessment (ELA). It is not 'an exemption from English' if you have a degree. The degree and NARIC ELA is the 'meeting the English language requirement'.

Thanks cr001 for your above reply. I understand now that uk naric english language assessment letter is required by home office.

But home office is also asking for (as per expained on page 41 of flrm form) that degree must be recognised by uk naric to be equivalent of the standard of master's or bacherlor's degree in uk. Can you please advise me that should I ask this equivalent letter also from uk narice? If yes, please advise me how can I ask uk narice about this letter?
Please advise me?

Thanks.

vickey123
Newly Registered

Post by vickey123 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:58 pm

Hi,

UKNAric is assessing my foreign postgraduate degree to the standard CEFR B1. Because my postgraduate degree was taught in English.
I need to meet the requirement of english A2 test for my flr(m) spouse visa extension. I heard that CEFR B1 is higher english level than A2 test.
Can anyone please advise me that where does say it on home office documents that CEFR B1 is higher than the A2 english test?

Please reply.

Thanks and regards.