ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife over stayer before our marriage

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RedBlue
India

Wife over stayer before our marriage

Post by RedBlue » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:19 am

Hi All,

We have just got married and my wife was an over stayer before our marriage. She was granted 6 months visit visa and mentioned that she was staying only for 20 days in her interview but ended up staying for 5 months. She then applied for another visit visa a couple of years ago and got rejected saying she did not return in 20 days. I'm a British citizen if I apply for her a dependent visa, will her past record jeopardise the current dependent visa. Pls advise. Any information will be of great help!

noajthan

Re: Wife over stayer before our marriage

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:27 am

RedBlue wrote:Hi All,

We have just got married and my wife was an over stayer before our marriage. She was granted 6 months visit visa and mentioned that she was staying only for 20 days in her interview but ended up staying for 5 months. She then applied for another visit visa a couple of years ago and got rejected saying she did not return in 20 days. I'm a British citizen if I apply for her a dependent visa, will her past record jeopardise the current dependent visa. Pls advise. Any information will be of great help!
Congratulations.

Wife may be granted a spouse visa.
But don't take it for granted. Visa applications, just like marriages, take work.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

RedBlue
India

Post by RedBlue » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:56 am

Thanks for the reply. What are the chances for rejection? And is the a way I can't appeal for reconsideration. Thanks again

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:58 am

RedBlue wrote:Thanks for the reply. What are the chances for rejection? And is the a way I can't appeal for reconsideration. Thanks again
Nooone can speak of chances/%; we don't know your case and we are not HO/UKVI.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:17 am

Much depends on how she spent her time in the UK. Did she use deception, work with false papers or use NHS facilities without paying for them?

When applying for a Spouse Settlement visa she shouldn't be refused under 320(7b), but if the above applies she could be refused under 320(11).

"ECOs need to consider whether it is appropriate to refuse the applicant under paragraph 320(11) of the immigration rules where the applicant has ‘previously contrived in a significant way to frustrate the intentions of the Immigration Rules.’

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... b-and-a320
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

RedBlue
India

Post by RedBlue » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:57 pm

Thanks you all for your replies. No she has not used any public funds like NHS and Benefits nor did she work. Only thing she did is stayed more than 20 days(5 months) but within the validity of 6 months. She left before her visa expired. I don't even think she is an over stayer as she left before her visa expired.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:04 pm

If she left before her visa expired then she isn't an overstayer.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

RedBlue
India

Post by RedBlue » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:11 pm

She mentioned in her visa interview that she will be staying only for 20 days.. but ended up staying for 5 months. I think it should be fine. She was refused a subsequent visit visa on those grounds.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:35 pm

Indeed, visitor visas are frequently refused when a previous stay as a visitor has exceeded the requested length of stay.

There's no reason for this to have any impact on a Spouse Settlement visa.
(Casa, not CR001)

RedBlue
India

Post by RedBlue » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:43 pm

Thanks all for the valuable advice. Much appreciated. Thanks for taking time to answer all the question in this forums

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:47 pm

You're welcome. Post again if you get stuck with anything regarding the application.
(Casa, not CR001)