ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entering Heathrow with EEA permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nachfee
United Kingdom

Entering Heathrow with EEA permit

Post by nachfee » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:30 am

Hi there,

I recently came back from Europe through Heathrow and the woman form immigration that was processing our entry was persistent that I was in the wrong line to enter the country.
I have had EEA2 permit twice (I had to re-apply as my husband couldn't proof 5 continuous years...) so I have had for 6 years. I have travel several times during the 6 years and I have never had any problems. I normally do the Non-EEA line when I travel alone and do the European line when I am with my husband, I was doing the EEA line. I also dont fill the landing cards because I have been told twice I dont have by immigration officials.
This time, I arrive and the woman (who was not English and had the biggest thick foreign accent - I sometimes feel people that went through immigration processes should probably be more aware and empathetic) said that I was not aloud in that line and had to do the non-EEA while traveling with my husband. That my passport couldn't be scanned and therefore should be in the other line. I said to her (to my husband's annoyance) that it wasn't true and it was the first time I ever had that problem. She said well sorry but you have to do the other line. Luckily, she let us through.
I think a recent flight from abroad had arrived because there were literally more than 500 people on the non-EEA line. So, is she expecting that my husband goes through by minutes and then I have to wait like 2 hours to go through immigration? What exactly would that do in terms of improving immigration controls in Heathrow?
I am quite appalled about it. I have never had any problems and probably a more tired person than me couldn't have gotten more crossed and probably gotten in more trouble. Don't they all have meetings and discuss the do's and dont's?

If someone can tell me their latest experience, I would appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Nachfee

noajthan

Re: Entering Heathrow with EEA permit

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:56 am

EU family members are entitled to use EEA line.

Related case and reference in forum if you search; (in past 3 or 4 months from memory).

Start here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 09105.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

nachfee
United Kingdom

Re: Entering Heathrow with EEA permit

Post by nachfee » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:08 am

I apologise for my grammar (aloud = allowed) plus others...
I didn't "preview" and check my message!

In response to the first answer: Yes I know this, I am not sure why she thinks this. Abuse of power?
She even smiled while telling me. What a smug!