ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN1 - date anf place of first arrival

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MMGP
Newly Registered

Form AN1 - date anf place of first arrival

Post by MMGP » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:53 am

I am preparing form AN1 for my naturalisation application and not sure what to fill in into "2.1 Date and place of first arrival in the United Kingdom of the form".

I first time came to the UK on Tier 1 visa in April 2009. However, I left UK after about 2 weeks and was out of UK until 10 February 2011, or about 650 days absence. After I came back to UK in February 2011, I started working in the UK, and leave UK only for short term holidays.

Should I put into the form the date when I first time entered UK with Tier 1 visa in 15 April 2009 (my first arrival to the UK on long-term visa), or I should put 10 February 2011 (when I started working in the UK and live here permanently) ?

MMGP
Newly Registered

Re: Form AN1 - date anf place of first arrival

Post by MMGP » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:28 am

Please would someone help me with the query ?

Also, is my understanding correct that it is 5 years residency that is required for naturalisation, not the 6 years ? From my point of view either dates are correct answer to the question. However, if I put later date (Feb 2011) as an arrival date, would I still be eligible for naturalisation because it is less then 6 years from this date till now ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:55 am

Put the first date that you arrived. It is not a trick question.

On what date did you get ILR? You have to wait a full 12 months from ILR before you qualify for BC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MMGP
Newly Registered

Post by MMGP » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:40 am

Thank you CR001.
I received ILR in mid September last year and held it for full 12 months period, so I easily satisfy this requirement. It is just date of arrival question that confuses me as I have two applicable dates when I arrived with the "a view to stay on long term basis", however, actually stayed long term without breaks only after the second date. However, I also feel that the first date would be more appropriate as it is when I arrived to the UK for the first time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:57 am

"2.1 Date and place of first arrival in the United Kingdom of the form"

Put the first date then.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.