ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension of spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Riyana
Newly Registered

Extension of spouse visa

Post by Riyana » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:21 am

I am on dependent visa (spouse visa) and my husband is British citizen. My visa will finish on 11 th January 2017. I saw on the website I need to sit on English language test A2 but they will confirm whether we need to give that test after October 2016.

And what is 5 year route and do I need to apply 5year route now since I got before 2 entry visa .and how early I can apply for visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Extension of spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:50 am

What was the date of issue of your spouse entry clearance visa?

It is unlikely a 2 year visa and should be a 30 or 33 month visa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Riyana
Newly Registered

Post by Riyana » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:19 pm

Thank you for message , the issue date 10/04/2014.yes it's a 33month visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:32 pm

On what date did you enter the UK?

You need to apply for a 2.5 year visa on form FLR(M) and meet the same financial requirements and A2 English (if applicable).

You also have to pay the immigration health surcharge of £500, this is in addition to your visa extension application fee of £811 for postal application or £1311 for in person same day decision.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Riyana
Newly Registered

Post by Riyana » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:52 pm

Thank you for your reply .i arrive on 12 April 2014. What is immigration health surcharge ? Is it ok if I apply my application on 1st week of December .what is the difference between 2year and 5year in the form.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:58 pm

Yes, first or second week of December should be fine.

You have to pay the immigration health surcharge, which is £200 per year for NHS use. For a 2.5 year visa, it is £500 you have to pay upfront.

What do you mean '2 year and 5 year from'?

You need 5 years residence before you can apply for indefinite leave to remain. There is no 2 year option for you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Riyana
Newly Registered

Post by Riyana » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:41 pm

There is a 2year route and 5yeae route which one I need to apply ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:50 pm

Riyana wrote:There is a 2year route and 5yeae route which one I need to apply ?
There is ONLY a 5 year route. You will be applying for a 2.5 year extension on form FLR(M). At the end of the 5 year period of residence in the UK you will qualify for permanent residence (ILR) (you have already completed 2.5 years).

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/apply
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Riyana
Newly Registered

Post by Riyana » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:39 pm

Thank u for all these information. I really appreciated what you are doing on this webpage for helping people about immigration related problem.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:42 am

Riyana wrote:There is a 2year route and 5yeae route which one I need to apply ?
Just to clear up the confusion, there used to be a 2 year route which the HO closed back in July 2012 (rules changed). Any appliction made prior to July 2012 was under the 2 year route, any application made after July 2012 will be under the five year route. There is now only a five year route.

However, not every application is approved and some may have resulted in refusals with lenghty appeal periods and some of these application may have been made prior to July 2012 (hence under the two year route) and when appeals are overturned or are successful, applicants then come to the UK under the 2 year route since the initial application was made before July 2012. (My other half was under the two year route until 2015 when we applied for ILR as the appeal had taken over a year).

This is probrably IMO why the GOV website still lists 2 year route or 5 year route on their pages and why some people can get confused by them.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided