ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Cermony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bilal786
Newly Registered

Citizenship Cermony

Post by bilal786 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:40 am

Dear All,

My citizenship application has recently been approved and yesterday I got invitation letter to book my ceremony. However, when I called council they cannot seem to find my details on the system. They said it could be due to glitch in the home office system.

They advised me to call next week on Tuesday and then they will check again. If they will not find my details then I need to get in touch with home office to get this sorted.

I am just wondering if any of the members have been into this situation before? If yes then please run me through the steps they followed to get this sorted.

Many thanks for your help.

Rgds

WR1

Re: Citizenship Cermony

Post by WR1 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:05 pm

Did you telephone again and was the issue resolved?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

bilal786
Newly Registered

Post by bilal786 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:12 pm

Yes it was resolved. The council confirmed that my details came through from home office on Monday ( afternoon).

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:43 am

bilal786 wrote:Yes it was resolved. The council confirmed that my details came through from home office on Monday ( afternoon).
Excellent - my own approval arrived 8 days after it was dated but the letter did point out it may take a few extra days for the documents to arrive at the council. When I rand after the bank holiday the council had the documents. But it really varies, some people get a letter from the council before they head from the Home Office!

bilal786
Newly Registered

Post by bilal786 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:40 pm

Yes you are right it could take a week or more for the council to receive the details. I am glad its sorted now.
Regards