ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions regarding different addresses

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

A3guy
Newly Registered

Questions regarding different addresses

Post by A3guy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:45 pm

Hi All,

I got married recently and would like to apply for my wife's visa.

Concern 1: My problem is after purchasing my house (last year) I have been a bit slow to update my address. I updated the workplace around 3/4 months ago and bank only this week; it was just easier to have it as my billing address and have my online items shipped to my brothers house as his wife is always home (I was living with my brother before my house).

Concern 2: I own my own house; a 2 bedroom property. I have no-one living with me, should I still get a housing survey done?

Would appreciate the advice as i'm particularly worried about Concern 1 and want my wife to be with me as soon as possible (as I guess does everyone).

Thank you,
A3guy

A3guy
Newly Registered

Re: Questions regarding different addresses

Post by A3guy » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:31 am

Please anyone can offer some advice if I have to wait 6 months or can I write a note explaining the discrepency in address?

KatieWills
Wales

Re: Questions regarding different addresses

Post by KatieWills » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:38 pm

I am a homeowner and all we provided for our spouse visa application was:

Land registry document showing me as the owner.
Mortgage offer papers.
Most recent council tax bill showing me as responsible for payment.
Photos of each room in the house to demonstrate there would be no overcrowding.

I would imagine that you could explain the delay in updating your address in a cover letter. As far as I understand it the 6 months rule applies to employment/savings and not accomodation.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-maa--2
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.