ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Asshraf
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Post by Asshraf » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:54 pm

barbapapa wrote:noajthan, a proper number would be great. Educate me if it is already indicated somewhere. thanks

Asshraf We submited our applicationon March 17th , did not get a reply yet concerning the residence card.
Same here mate mine 22nd march waiting for rc....

Asshraf
Newly Registered

Post by Asshraf » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:58 pm

Any one or eea national employer called by ho
March 2016 applicants?

omoowo
Newly Registered

Post by omoowo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:53 pm

Same here 22nd of March.. Nothing yet hopefully the end of the week or next week
Asshraf wrote:
barbapapa wrote:noajthan, a proper number would be great. Educate me if it is already indicated somewhere. thanks

Asshraf We submited our applicationon March 17th , did not get a reply yet concerning the residence card.
Same here mate mine 22nd march waiting for rc....

Asshraf
Newly Registered

Post by Asshraf » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:38 pm

Barbapapa
Any news?

barbapapa
United Kingdom

Post by barbapapa » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:30 pm

no :(
I am going away for 1 week from Saturday, I hope we got a reply when i am back

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:06 pm

Nothing to be done but sit tight and wait.

There is no fast-track for people who think they've waited too long.
And UK (as happens in other countries - I'm looking at you, Eire) repeatedly proves an inability to meet any commitments made on its behalf by EU law.
Its doubtful UK gov will be interested to devote any resources (= long-suffering tax payers' funds) to solve that sort of challenge at this late stage in the game.

Google if you must.
However the more people that query HO the more the system will get clogged up - to the detriment of all applicants.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Dark_matter
Newly Registered

Post by Dark_matter » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:40 pm

I've applied EEA2 EFM on 20th Jun 2016. COA issued on 12th of August without work permit. Another COA received today with work permit.

Just wondering how likely to be they issue RC?

Nepenthe
Newly Registered

Post by Nepenthe » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:52 pm

Application sent around 29th April
Application received by HO- 3 May
Payment deducted by HO- 6 May
Biometric Letter Received- 13 June ( dated 2 June 2016)
Biometrics enrolled - 13 June
CoA with right to work received - 20 June ( 16 June 2016)
Documents returned - not yet
RC- Pending

:roll:

Asshraf
Newly Registered

Post by Asshraf » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:11 am

THANKS FOR EVERYONE POST HERE
I HAVE GOT MY RC 21/09/2016
APP------23/03/16
BIO-------20/04/16(DONE SAME DAY)
COA-------28/04/16(WITH WORK)
LETTER &DOC---20/09/16(APPROVED 16/09/16)
RC----21/09/2016
THIS SITE VERY HELP FULL AND GAVE ME CONFIDENT

GOOD LUCK TO ALL....

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:46 am

Any one waiting from end of February?

Fiso4ka
Newly Registered

Post by Fiso4ka » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:03 pm

Dark_matter wrote:I've applied EEA2 EFM on 20th Jun 2016. COA issued on 12th of August without work permit. Another COA received today with work permit.

Just wondering how likely to be they issue RC?
Hello, Dark matter!

I also have applied for EFM, I wonder how did you manage to get COA with permission to work (and so quick :D )? Could you please share this with us?
And what are the chances of requesting it now for me, if I applied in April and got COA in May.

Thank you

barbapapa
United Kingdom

Post by barbapapa » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:40 pm

Asshraf : Glad you got it. Still no response for ours which was submitted 1 week before yours :(
We asked to get document back in July and got them 2 weeks after, maybe this affected the process ?

I hope we get it soon. This is starting to be really annoying now :(

barbapapa
United Kingdom

Post by barbapapa » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:48 pm

Ali12035 Did you get any more info ?
It seems crazy that they still did not make a decision on yours since it has been more than 6 months. Are you a special case in some way ?

Ours is a bit special as I am a dual british/french citizen. I wish I was not :(

TamLucLeo
Newly Registered

Post by TamLucLeo » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:24 pm

Hi,

I have recently made an EEA FM Application (on September 24th 2016) and was wondering if anyone knows the estimated processing times for August/September 2016? Or even the estimated times for processing at the months closer to the end of the year? And are these months usually busier or less busy than the processing times for submitting an application during the summer holiday months i.e. June/July etc?

Thank you in advance.

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:35 pm

barbapapa wrote:Ali12035 Did you get any more info ?
It seems crazy that they still did not make a decision on yours since it has been more than 6 months. Are you a special case in some way ?

Ours is a bit special as I am a dual british/french citizen. I wish I was not :(
No friend

It's for my non EEA children's

rebreaker
Newly Registered

Post by rebreaker » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:35 pm

Hi All,

How many days we can stay outside UK with EEA2 PR card to not getting trouble after 5 years.

Is it 180 days for all 5 years or we have 180 days allowance for each year.

Many thanks

barbapapa
United Kingdom

Post by barbapapa » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:48 pm

Got the card today!

APP------17/03/16
BIO-------16/04/16(done same day)
COA-------21/04/16(WITH WORK)
LETTER &DOC--- not received yet
RC----27/09/2016

Thanks all and best of luck for those still waiting!

cathalmf
Newly Registered

Post by cathalmf » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:42 pm

Can anyone supply the exact text of what an acceptance letter says, specifically regarding the statement of when the residence card will arrive.

I have seen 10 days mentioned, but id like to know if the 10 days is from the date of decision or date the letter was posted or received.

Our MP has advised us that the decision was made on the 29th but still waiting for the letter.
We have travel plans on the 1st November so we need the residence card ASAP.

soyerlife

Post by soyerlife » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:06 pm

Dear members

anyone submitted application (EEA2) end of April and still waiting ?
my timeline:
application sent : 28/04
bio letter received: 04/06
COA WITH WORK: 07/06
RC: STILL WAITING :? :? :?

thank you

Fiso4ka
Newly Registered

Post by Fiso4ka » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:32 am

Hey guys!

I got my documents back today! :P
yeiiii!!! very excited!! RC is coming within 10 working days.

My timeline:
EFM Application sent: 18/04/2016
Application received: 19/04/2016
Biometric letter: 26/05/2016 (dated 19/05/2016)
COA: 26/05/2016 (dated 24/05/2016)
Passport requested: 01/06/2016
Passport back: ~01/07/2016
Documents back: 12/10/2016 (dated 8/10/2016).
RC: waiting

Does anybody know if EFM RC card is also with a right to work and for 5 years? Are there any differences with the FM RC?

Fiso4ka
Newly Registered

Post by Fiso4ka » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:50 pm

Just got my RC 8)
Answering to my previous question - RC for EFM is exactly as FM so it is for 5 years with right to work :D

Thanks a lot who helped me through this time! And good luck to everyone who's waiting!

timeline:
EFM Application sent: 18/04/2016
Application received: 19/04/2016
Biometric letter: 26/05/2016 (dated 19/05/2016)
COA: 26/05/2016 (dated 24/05/2016)
Passport requested: 01/06/2016
Passport back: ~01/07/2016
Documents back: 12/10/2016 (dated 8/10/2016).
RC: 12/10/2016

Jove042
Newly Registered

Post by Jove042 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:21 am

Hi all new to this forum

I am a non EEA national married to an EEA national who works full time in a busy restaurant in central London but is presently on maternity leave as we have a 3 month old baby. I Applied for the RC in March and just got a refusal letter from the HO for the following reasons.

a) They made a series of calls to the restaurant and did not get a response on the 27th and 28th of september and as a result can not verify my sponsors employment

b) There are discrepancies on the wage slips in regards to the amount of National Insurance your sponsor pays. If a person earns between £155 and £827 their rate of National Insurance will be 12% of their gross income for that week. Of the 20 wage slips submitted none of the National Insurance payments match this percentage.

c) It is also worth noting that with the 20 wage slips submitted of various amounts of pay for the week in question, three payments repeat themselves frequently (£12.41, £22.75,£17.58). This casts doubts on the validity of the wage slips and claimed employment

for a) above i think it is unlikely they called as the restaurant bookings are made with the no supplied and the manager's email address was also supplied

for b) there are no discrepancies as they failed to take into account the fact that the first £0-£155 incurs 0 NI contributions and as a result a total hourly pay of £258.42 will incur an NI contribution of 12% of £(258.42 - 155) which gives £12.41

for c) restaurant payments pay slips contain the base hourly pay which incurs NI contributions and 'Tronc Shifts' and/or 'Tronc incentives' which do not incur NI charges depending on how the restaurant disburses. So if in week one you get £258.42 as hourly pay and £107 as 'Tronc incentives' and in week 2 you get £258.42 and £200 as 'tronc incentives' your NI contribution will be same (12.41) even though the total payable amounts are diff.

Question is : do i
1) ask for a re-consideration based on the above and supply bank statements showing payments as well as payslips or
2) Appeal the decision based on the above or
3) put in a brand new application supplying P60 showing total earnings paid, Pay slips + bank statements showing payments from company as well as letter from manager

I did not include the bank statements or a letter initially as these were optional and i thought the pay slips and the employer filling Section 12 would have been adequate

sorry for the long post

emmasu
Newly Registered

Post by emmasu » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:57 am

Hello everyone and thank you for the amazing help you are providing to everyone.

So i have been here for a while. I used this forum from back when i moved to Romania. Now we have finally decided to move to the UK.

We are a married couple and ofcourse we are eu national ( Romanian husband) and non-eu national ( Omani wife). We have been together for the past 10 yrs and we have been married and living in Romania for the past 5 years. I have had the residence card for the past 5 years. My husband is a freelancer architect here in Romania, registered and paying taxes as freelancer and planing to do that in the UK. I have read the past 38 pages to see if someone has done what we are planing to do but it seems nobody goes through that route. We thought it would be better for him to apply for the registration certificate first through the fast route and get it fast. Then apply for me after he gets his certificate.
Wouldnt it be better for me like that to demonstrate that he is exercising his treaty rights by having the certificate already, since they examined everything and giving him the certificate, demonstrates that he is a qualified person?

Thank you again.

arya_uk

Post by arya_uk » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:42 pm

Hello,
I would like to explain my success journey from EEA FP to EFM RC.

I thank all the senior members, Vinny, Directive 2003, Obie, CR001, nojothan, Richard, and many more who have contributed to this forum to enhance the knowledge of the numerous applicants with their brilliant suggestions and recommendations.

My journey with this forum started in April 2013, and has helped to successfully gain the EEA FP, EEA FM Residence card without any hassles.

I followed the simple instructions of the senior members while filing the applications and have been successful.

For EEA FP - Case of Donald F was very much helpful, whose application was rejected from Mumbai British High commission (India), I took a leaf from this case and filed EEA FP with three simple documents in India in the month of September 18, 2015, and was approved in 5 working days,
Had attached just three documents
Appostiled Marriage certificate
Daughters Appostiled BC
Three line letter from EU natinal ( Referred from Donald F case)
Passport copy of EU natinal
Our respective passports.
Visa issued in five working days ( this was the first surprise)

In April 2016, submitted for EEA FM for myself and daughter along with EEA QP
Even here, I kept the application very simple as per the advises and suggestions given by senior members to many applicants backing to 2011.
Submitted on 12.04.16
Two Salary slips
Employment contract letter
Passports
Eu Id card
Appostilled MC n BC
Requested passport on July 18th, 2016, returned on 2nd August 2016.

Received RC on 6th October dated 1.10.16

I would like to thank all the senior members who are selflessly helping numerous number of applicants with their immense knowledge without expecting any kind of monetary benefits, one big salute to you guys.

I know all the moderators are busy in their respective professions but even in their busy schedule they try to answer the applicants, even the silliest questions are answered, I really appreciate for your unbiased, selfless service.

Thank you very much

exegete
Newly Registered

Post by exegete » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:01 pm

cathalmf wrote:Can anyone supply the exact text of what an acceptance letter says, specifically regarding the statement of when the residence card will arrive.
The text of the letter returned with my documents reads:

A residence card (biometric format) will be sent to you under separate cover. You should receive your card within 10 working days. However if you do not receive the card within 10 working days from the date shown at the top of this letter, please e-mail [address omitted] providing your full name, date of birth, nationality, case reference number and contact telephone number. Alternatively, these details can be sent by post to; [address omitted]

Please note that on delivery of our new card, the courier will require proof of identity and a signature to confirm receipt of the package.

You are advised not to make any travel arrangements until you have received your residence card (biometric format).

The residence card (biometric format) is a residence card which holds your biographic and biometric information and shows your immigration status and entitlements while you remain in the United Kingdom. The card replaces the vignette (or sticker) and ink stamps previously placed in the passports of those with a right to reside under EU law.

On receipt of the card you must check it carefully to make sure that all the details are correct. If you find a mistake, please e-mail [address omitted] within 10 working days of receiving the permit providing your full name, date of birth, nationality, case reference number, contact telephone number and exact details of what is wrong with the card. Alternatively, these details can be sent by post to; [address omitted]